Any Coyote Hunters Here? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Any Coyote Hunters Here?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default 223

Plan on doing some hunting as soon as dear season is over around here. Dont want to get in the woods right now of you know what I mean. I got a little mini 14 I like to use, talked my boss into one , now he has the fever to. Hes got more money for ammo. Hay crosshair I have a good sks wood stock Ill give a fellow if its going to good use , cant stand to see a gun not being able to be shot. The stock has the wood hand guard also that matches the stock. I must be getting lazy in my older years I like not having to dress out coyotes and still get the thrill of the hunt.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I seen a nice dog at ten this morning, the only problem is the back of the truck was full of ice fishing equipment and not my black gun. Although, I did manage to get off a couple of verbal bangs as I drove by. I must admit it's pretty hard to send them to coyote heaven that way. Shoot straight and be safe, Hunter Joe

Old 01-09-2009, 01:08 AM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I have yet to 'yote hunt, but I have a mouth call. I bought a cheap e-call to hear the sounds and practice with the mouth to match. Man, am I the only one who thinks the rabbit distress is just a little disturbing? The 'yotes have been moving in here over the last few years. The state of Ohio opened up hunting them within the last few years with no bag or date limit.

Three months ago, I was awakened at 1:32 am by LOUD 'yote howling and yips. Coulda swore they were under my open window. I woke the wifey and asked if she heard it, but of course, when wifey sleepy; wifey sleepy. I bought a Hi-Point .40 cal carbine as my 'yote gun. Just so y'all know, ain't no long shootin' 'round here. Southern Ohio is not the flat farm country like in northern Ohio. Ice age and all. In fact, SE Ohio is basically the foothills to the Appalaicians. Yet, I digress.

I saw SKS mentioned and .223. Doesn't the SKS shoot a 7,62 mm x 39? Maybe I misread because the AR was mentioned as well. Why not use a .300 Win mag if using an SKS? Still, I've never considered using my .22 lr for 'yote.

Just learning with little earning. Peace.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Man, am I the only one who thinks the rabbit distress is just a little disturbing? i agree it is very creepy, almost too creepy

Three months ago, I was awakened at 1:32 am by LOUD 'yote howling and yips. Coulda swore they were under my open window. I woke the wifey and asked if she heard it, but of course, when wifey sleepy; wifey sleepy. I bought a Hi-Point .40 cal carbine as my 'yote gun. Just so y'all know, ain't no long shootin' 'round here. Southern Ohio is not the flat farm country like in northern Ohio. Ice age and all. In fact, SE Ohio is basically the foothills to the Appalaicians. Yet, I digress.
i love it down there especially marrieta, freakin beutiful. what county you live in? im in sandusky co.

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 01-10-2009, 12:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
i love it down there especially marrieta, freakin beutiful. what county you live in? im in sandusky co.
Marietta is 15 miles from here. Washington County.

You are just east of some of the best steelhead fishing in the country, and right on the best walleye fishing. Don't forget about the smallmouths. I lived up north for nearly 20 years, and I learned to love it.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:18 AM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

you are the lucky one my friend. i ent to marrieta a few years ago to vivit my ex's sister and we stayed in a hotel that was hooked up to a sports bar that i cant remember the name of. but thre was what looked like a forrest right in front of the hotel, it was beutiful, full of bugs but it was great. i also lost my surefire E2E, i was sad.

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 01-10-2009, 01:21 AM   #17

sgtdeath66,

I guess lucky is in the eye of the beholder.

I was moved to within 1 mile of where I am now when I was 11 years old due to a work transfer of my dad from Denver. I left at 18 and never looked back until a couple of years ago. Wifey is a city girl who loves the country. Wow, maybe I am the lucky one!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #18

Default 2 legged yots

I was checking out the forum where I had posted last and had to take off after a couple of 2 legged coyotes messing around my house out side. Chased them to the next block and give out of wind. I think I still scared them good . The 2 young boys could run pretty fast and at 50 Im getting to old for this but I got to keep my rep around here as a crazy white boy or every one will run all over us. IM just an old country boy stuck in the city. Theres all kind of coyotes put there.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:18 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbernater View Post
I was checking out the forum where I had posted last and had to take off after a couple of 2 legged coyotes messing around my house out side. Chased them to the next block and give out of wind. I think I still scared them good . The 2 young boys could run pretty fast and at 50 Im getting to old for this but I got to keep my rep around here as a crazy white boy or every one will run all over us. IM just an old country boy stuck in the city. Theres all kind of coyotes put there.

Plumber... thats hilarious!

I'm fortunate to live in the middle of nowhere! Although if I ever get the two legged type, I won't shoot em',... I will just let the dog out of his kennel and hope they can run really fast! Chocolate Lab & Pit Bull mix.... sporting yet has a short temper!

You should get on the treadmill a little more! I had PCL ligament replacement surgery in Army and still out run my 16 year old stepdaughter... however, I usually hurt for a couple of days... and of course never let on!

Old 01-11-2009, 02:04 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross Hair View Post
Plumber... thats hilarious!

I'm fortunate to live in the middle of nowhere! Although if I ever get the two legged type, I won't shoot em',... I will just let the dog out of his kennel and hope they can run really fast! Chocolate Lab & Pit Bull mix.... sporting yet has a short temper!

You should get on the treadmill a little more! I had PCL ligament replacement surgery in Army and still out run my 16 year old stepdaughter... however, I usually hurt for a couple of days... and of course never let on!
Its the darn cigeretts that gets me . I still get out there and out work the younger fellers and still come home And do more . Ive got a handi capped daughter that takes alot of specal care and thats quite a job by its self. I still had fun seeing them scared and running.