Americas Greatest Hunting and Wilderness States - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Americas Greatest Hunting and Wilderness States

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Again, thanks for very good replies!

Sorry to hear beautiful Colorado falling to more restrictive firearms politics...

Many beautiful places have been mentioned in your posts. I had to picture-google em! Amazes me to see how the Ozark mountains were so green and full of vegetation, when thinking of its location (pretty much down south).

So... which states do you think will be republican in the future?

I followed your last election and have to say i hoped Mitt should win. Obama seem to me like a good man, i believe his intentions are good, but i just dont believe in the democrate politics.

Anyways, American politics are frequently in our medias. You seem to have some of the same debate as us norwegians. Semi-auto weapons is being discussed in both our countries due to massacres. Heard about the norwegian nationalist mass-murderer Anders Behring Breivik who killed 77 people? After this theres been a lot of discussion i media, and i fear that this is the start of a long run towards less personal freedom and more restrictive gun laws.

Which states do you think will be states were personal freedom and "gun-freedom" will remain i lets say a 50 years perspective?

Old 03-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Texas is nice. Plenty of wild hogs and deer, plus a lot of good fishing spots.

Alaska is also very nice for hunting. They have a LOT of big game, and the vast majority of the state is pure wilderness. We call it America's last frontier.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
Which states do you think will be states were personal freedom and "gun-freedom" will remain i lets say a 50 years perspective?
A lot can happen in 50 years. In a lot of states, guns are part of the culture, and aren't going anywhere. While other states have the misfortune of being next to antigun states. What happens is that people from antigun states tend to get fed up with liberal policies, so they move one state over. They then proceed to fight for those same policies to be made in their new state. THAT is what happened to Oregon when Californians migrated North. The

Most of the South and West will remain pro gun with California, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado being the exceptions. Arizona is in some danger due to Californians migrating East, but right now it is the most pro gun state. Hopefully it stays pro gun.

AVOID California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Illinois, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Hawaii, and Washington D.C like the plague if you want a pro gun state.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #14

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

We have the Free States. These states allow their citizens to enjoy their Constitutional rights. They are Alaska,Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming. These states allow concealed or open carry without any state issued permits.
The great American Wilderness areas are all in the western U.S. Most of the large urban states are private property. In those states you must buy or lease hunting lands. In the west there are states which are mostly Public Lands.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Really, really good answers! Thanks.

Now im getting a better knowledge of which states would be suitable! My brother loves texas, drives a chevy with the lone star(?) on it. But for me, i think id like something more like wyoming or minnesota better, due to climate more like our norwegian, and also more similar nature in most ways.

You didnt mention Minnesota while talking about "Free states", why is that? Is minnesota more restrictive than those you mentioned?

Old 03-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
Really, really good answers! Thanks.

Now im getting a better knowledge of which states would be suitable! My brother loves texas, drives a chevy with the lone star(?) on it. But for me, i think id like something more like wyoming or minnesota better, due to climate more like our norwegian, and also more similar nature in most ways.

You didnt mention Minnesota while talking about "Free states", why is that? Is minnesota more restrictive than those you mentioned?
Minnesota isn't exactly bad, but it's not good either compared to a lot of the South and West. It's fine if your just hunting.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:28 AM   #17

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

There are no "Free" states in the more urban South and Midwest. Minnesota tends to be a more liberal state. States with large Urban areas usually do not allow open carry and restrictive concealed carry. The Rocky Mountain states such as Utah and Idaho are very gun friendly as well with incredible public lands. You will only find 10,000 foot Mountain peaks and endless forest and deserts in the Mtn West.
When the moose hang out in your lawn you are in hunting country. My lawn.

moose.jpg  
Old 03-21-2013, 04:05 AM   #18

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

I will pay

Old 03-21-2013, 04:06 AM   #19

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
There are no "Free" states in the more urban South and Midwest. Minnesota tends to be a more liberal state. States with large Urban areas usually do not allow open carry and restrictive concealed carry. The Rocky Mountain states such as Utah and Idaho are very gun friendly as well with incredible public lands. You will only find 10,000 foot Mountain peaks and endless forest and deserts in the Mtn West.
When the moose hang out in your lawn you are in hunting country. My lawn.
Can I come hunt your lawn

Old 03-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #20

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Ill take my mountains an painted deserts of New Mexico