All about hunting
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > All about hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default All about hunting

Hi all

I havent posted for a while but i have been checking in every few days and educating myself.

Well, since I moved from Ireland to the US I have been spending a lot of my time on the range but now i want to start hunting again. Back home there were very few rules about hunting and I could practically go where I wanted to.

I am mostly intersting in hunting with a shotgun as that is what I am used to hunting with In Ireland but been honest, i have not a clue where to start over here.

I would really appreciate any info,offers or advice you guys could give me about hunting here ( Im in Illinois about an hour from wisconsin). Where to go, clubs etc.

Thanks all

Tom

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

You should check out public hunting areas near you. The State DNR may have mapped areas available for free and on line. Most states have strict laws and seasons that are non-negotiable. Google hunting in your county of Illinois, and you should find something. Make sure you buy the proper permits and licenses. Familiarize yourself with the proper procedures for taking and tagging game. There are stiff penalties for poaching. Ignorance of the law is not an acceptable excuse at any time. I think you should find plenty of areas that you can hunt in Illinois. If you do get to go hunting and you get anything, post pics. We love pics.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-03-2009, 01:42 AM   #3

What did you hunt with back over in Ireland, what type of shotgun? What state you from ill try to find you the link