Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > air rifle need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default air rifle need help

guys i boutgh the 308.... awsome gun btw
I hunt boar , whitetail, whi the 308
im going to squirl hunt whit my friends kids and i thought that the 308 won´t be good for squirls and also i don´t want to injur them selfs so i thought ill buy just a air rilfe what i always wanted , so any good air rifles ?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #2

Liked 112 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 36

You are going to want something that fires pellets first off,no bbs,and depending on the velocity of the airgun,it will make a difference on what pellet to use.I would reccommend a .177 cal pellet gun that can fire at least 800 feet per second with wadcutter pellets,that will knock them right out of the trees,but 1,000+ feet per second is better.If you use something weaker than those you will want to use pointed pellets to insure good penetration.Do you know of what choices of airguns you have where you are?

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 12-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #3

i don't want pellet but an airrifle