Absolutely amazing
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Absolutely amazing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
deg
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 629 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1325

Default Absolutely amazing

So I sit here navigating around this fine Forum drinking a fine cup of coffee, special blend I might add, I look out my back window to the pond, here in NE OK, and see these stinking Canadian Geese that have survived the trip of steel shot. We had a cold snap, like everyone else, and the pond now has a paper-thin layer of ice on it, I could throw a piece of gravel in the air and penetrate it. These heavy bodied geese are standing on this ice – how do they do it!?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22083 Times on 12429 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg View Post
So I sit here navigating around this fine Forum drinking a fine cup of coffee, special blend I might add, I look out my back window to the pond, here in NE OK, and see these stinking Canadian Geese that have survived the trip of steel shot. We had a cold snap, like everyone else, and the pond now has a paper-thin layer of ice on it, I could throw a piece of gravel in the air and penetrate it. These heavy bodied geese are standing on this ice – how do they do it!?
flat feet!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8126 Times on 4864 Posts
Likes Given: 10463

Wide feet distributing the weight over a larger area?

wittmeba Likes This 
Old 01-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #4
deg
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 629 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1325

I get the whole waterbed in the attic of weight/sq ft theory – I would still like to see one of those flat footed cat sized turds break through just once! It just don't seem fair.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #5
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7428 Times on 3788 Posts
Likes Given: 8293

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg View Post
I get the whole waterbed in the attic of weight/sq ft theory – I would still like to see one of those flat footed cat sized turds break through just once! It just don't seem fair.
We still have thousands of them floating around. Unlike the theory, they dont all fly south. My pond and most of the lakes are heavily frozen over right now. I always wondered how they avoided getting frozen into the ponds when I was a young Water-foul hunter. I always figured Id jump a pond one day and the suckers would be stuck there, never happened, always flew away. Sometimes with a few less than they left the pond with if we were lucky!