.45 ammo for hogs?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > .45 ammo for hogs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 04:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default .45 ammo for hogs?

Hi Folks,
My friend is a bow hunter down here in Florida, and I am going with him with my Kimber. I'm thinking about Hornady +P hollow point personal defense ammo. Any thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Hey gumbo, glad to have you here. Help us all out and stop by the intro area and let us know a little bit about yourself. As for your question...

Is a 45acp the only pistol you have available? I love my 45s but against hogs it wouldn't be my first choice. I personally would be reaching for one of my 357 Mags or my 44 Mag if the hogs are big in that area.

If I had to use a 45 auto I think I would go with ball ammo. A hog is tough and I want something that is going to penetrate deep. If someone made a 45acp soft point that would expand a little bit, that would be my chioce but to my knowledge it doesn't exist. I would carry ball but that is only if I have no other weapon to pick from.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Tags
.45, ammo, hogs