.40 S&W ammunition for hunting - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum >

.40 S&W ammunition for hunting


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 7,038
Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

We are going to disagree all day. I'm finished before it gets stupid.
__________________
Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
kytowboater is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 8
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
We are going to disagree all day. I'm finished before it gets stupid.
Agreed there will always be difference of opinions.
wdanieloffroad is offline  
 
Old 11-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #53
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

KYTowboater, your comments were right to the point and correct. seems as some like to advocate unethical hunting practices and endanger our rights to hunt. just because something can be done, doesn't mean it should be done.

an ethical hunter prepares for the hunt by using the proper equipment needed to do the job as humanely as possible. then will use the methods or techniques needed to accomplish that goal with the equipment selected.

but with that being said, there are always some idiots who will make the ethical hunters look bad because of their unethical practices.
Axxe55 is offline  
SparkPlug Likes This 
Old 11-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gladesbassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 173
Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Difference of opinion, it's what makes America great...alot of judgemental folks out there who question and cry about what other people do IMO it makes you just as good as the gun grabbing liberals. To each his own, opinions are like a-holes everyone has one and most of em stink. Now this is just my opinion so don't Internet jump me and beat me up verbally.
gladesbassin is offline  
 
Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #55
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesbassin View Post
Difference of opinion, it's what makes America great...alot of judgemental folks out there who question and cry about what other people do IMO it makes you just as good as the gun grabbing liberals. To each his own, opinions are like a-holes everyone has one and most of em stink. Now this is just my opinion so don't Internet jump me and beat me up verbally.
you are quite correct. opinions are like a$$holes and everyone has one, but some opinions just like a$$holes stink worse than others.

now what i do question and have strong opinions about is those who would advocate using questionable methods or unethical practices in hunting. and it's those practices that the gun grabbing liberals would use as grounds to deny us our hunting freedoms. these are exactly the types of idiots who are worst enemies, and if your opinions align with those, then so be it.
Axxe55 is offline  
SparkPlug Likes This 
Old 11-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gladesbassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 173
Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I'm sorry but I don't hear anti-gunners whining about hunting as they do about black rifles and high capacity mags. Killing an animal humanely is more of a code for hunters than the liberals. I hear more and more people bickering about what other people do and saying "it's just fuel for the anti-gunners"...duhhhh everything we do is fuel for them, they dont like guns period.

They think shooting a target that's has a picture of a human on it is wrong, no matter what we do we won't win so what's they point of trying to please them because when we try to please them we lose our rights. There is no middle of the road here it's either left or right pretty much. Once again this is all my opinion and if you feel otherwise I can appreciate your side while not agreeing with it.
gladesbassin is offline  
 
Old 11-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #57
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesbassin View Post
I'm sorry but I don't hear anti-gunners whining about hunting as they do about black rifles and high capacity mags. Killing an animal humanely is more of a code for hunters than the liberals. I hear more and more people bickering about what other people do and saying "it's just fuel for the anti-gunners"...duhhhh everything we do is fuel for them, they dont like guns period.

They think shooting a target that's has a picture of a human on it is wrong, no matter what we do we won't win so what's they point of trying to please them because when we try to please them we lose our rights. There is no middle of the road here it's either left or right pretty much. Once again this is all my opinion and if you feel otherwise I can appreciate your side while not agreeing with it.
so Glade are you saying it's okay to condone or even advocate unethical hunting, even if the liberals are not jumping up and down and complaining about hunters?

hunters need to be responsible and ethical in their hunting practices, period. using what amounts to something that will give probably less than proper results is unethical. so if so, even if you don't hit the radar of the anti gun liberals, you set an extremely poor example for future hunters.

so you carry on. you're setting a wonderful example with your opinions.
Axxe55 is offline  
SparkPlug Likes This 
Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gladesbassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 173
Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

so Glade are you saying it's okay to condone or even advocate unethical hunting, even if the liberals are not jumping up and down and complaining about hunters?

hunters need to be responsible and ethical in their hunting practices, period. using what amounts to something that will give probably less than proper results is unethical. so if so, even if you don't hit the radar of the anti gun liberals, you set an extremely poor example for future hunters.

so you carry on. you're setting a wonderful example with your opinions.
Did I every say I condoned it? The video I posted was of a pig being taken with a .40 cal handgun and it was dispatched right? And very humanely if I do say so, it dropped and didn't take one step. I don't find anything wrong with that and if you do it's your issue. A shot whether it be from a handgun or rifle can be misplaced and the animal can suffer right? Sights can be off or the scope can be bumped and slightly offset the p.o.i/p.o.a. Mistakes can happen and unfortunately they don't make a cartridge that will kill right away everytime. If it can be done and done with compassion to the animal then go for it.

I don't advocate tourturing animals although some of y'all may assume I do since I see nothing wrong with handgun hunting. I'm just saying y'all are quick to judge and call someone an "asshat" because they choose to do so. It's their right and freedom as long as the LAW states you can do it. Some states don't allow handgun hunting while on the other hand some do, so why come down on what someone does as long as it within the law of the state? I don't see you guys fighting for the humane treatment of the animals that are grown to die in slaughterhouses, so what makes them different?
gladesbassin is offline  
 
Old 11-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

I fully support using 40s&w, flamethrowers, water balloons filled with acid, explosive enemas, poisoned food, or pits filled with pointy sticks coated with fecal matter to hunt bears, just so long as there is somebody around to finish it off for you. For decent animals, i am more impressed with a methodology that minimizes animal suffering/loss potential/meat adrenalization(mmmm taste the fear blech) via the hunters' skills than i am with a full trophy room or high kill number. Show me some kid who got a decent 8 point with a bow during season and legal and maybe even without bait, I'll be impressed; for the other extreme i can watch that idiot Ted Nugget harvest some farm animals with a glock, from an overhanging branch, while bitchin about the gubment (i try not to flip past his show on a full stomach, moron).

It's a damn shame somebody didn't introduce that Nugget fool to some coke back in the 1970's.
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willfully armed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Olathe,JOCO KS
Posts: 1,998
Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Using a 40 to hunt mid to large game is like banging your best friends wife.

You CAN do it, it'll get the job done, it will feel good.

But it ain't right.





10mm/357rm is the smallest caliber one should use on medium game.

I know that guys with alot more experience than us, and those who are smarter than us would agree to that versus a 40 short and weak.
__________________
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?
willfully armed is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Why .45 acp ammunition? Gojubrian Ammunition & Reloading 36 11-29-2011 08:46 PM
Box of old 45-70 Ammunition Dzscubie Curio & Relic Discussion 8 09-19-2010 09:13 PM
Is hollow point ammunition any noiser than any other ammunition? winds-of-change Ammunition & Reloading 30 09-08-2010 12:18 AM
+P Ammunition ninjatoth General Handgun Discussion 13 03-04-2010 12:49 PM



Newest Threads