.270 For CO&MI
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > .270 For CO&MI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 198 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Default .270 For CO&MI

My friend lives in Colorado,and has not hunted out there before,but he just bought a .270Win just to take a trip here to Michigan to hunt whitetail with.My question is what ammo should he use,and or to sight the scope in with?My thought was he should use 130 grain because that would do the job just as good here on whitetail and will have a longer range for out there,but wouldn't 150 grain be more ideal for Michigan?And if he sights the gun in for 150 grain,will his gun be off when he switches to 130 grain?

Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The .270 was originally designed for 130 gr bullets. 130 gr will be plenty for Mi or Co. I'd stick with 130 unless he's going to hunt elk.

Newest Threads

Ria