Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > 220 lb boar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 02:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default 220 lb boar

I got this guy at about 7:00pm today. I saw him earlier in the day at one of my feeders while I was looking for my milk cow (long story). I could have shot him the first time I saw him but I was walking a cow. lol After I made the 2 mile walk back to the house I got my truck and my gear for night hunting and went back to the feeder. I had just got parked and was getting set up when he stepped out at about 150 yards. The feeder was 115 yards away from me so I waited until he closed the distance. He smelled me or the truck and started getting nervous so I waited till he cleared some cactus and let him have one right in the head. At the shot he stopped and staggered for a second and then took off. My second shot was a good heart shot and he stumbled at the shot, but kept on trucking I let loose 6 more running shot before he hit cedar. I new he wasn’t going far but i couldn’t believe he was still running. I ran across the opening and got to the last place I saw him enter the cedar. About 20 yards in the bush I could see him standing about 30 yards away in the thick cedar. He was hurt but still standing. He saw me and turned and popped his teeth a couple of time and I cut loose on him. I let him have 1 more right between the eyes and it was over. No I wasn’t using my 6.8 or my 458 Socom, I had my AR 5.56 pistol. It was a fun hunt. He weighed 220 lbs.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2012, 04:26 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Good looking hog. One day i hope to partake in feral hog eradication.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1070 Posts
Likes Given: 2965

Congrats on the boar.