Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > .22 Mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairbear1

Yep like getting an enema with barbed wire. It achieves nothing really as after the 1st time they in theory know exactly what your like because it should be on the computer.

Now there are questions being asked if the registry has been hacked because there's been some gun thefts happening to licensed gun owners and the thieves knew exactly where things were and what guns to take.
There are moves a foot to try and get the registry disbanded the same as Canada did.
Well any step in the right direction is a good one. Also I didn't need the barbed wire enema thought in my head.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #52
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20005 Times on 11373 Posts
Likes Given: 50471

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjob View Post
In 15 years when the Chinese invade the gun regvistry will help them find any partisans in a quick and efficient manner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjob View Post
Keep thinking that. About the time the US totally collapses the Chinese will get rolling. They will follow the same path the Japs did, except for on small exception, there will be no US army or Navy to block the way.

The US is in terrible fiscal shape, things aren't improving. When interest rates begin to move back up that's it for the dollar. Just a move back to 4.5% on treasuries will make the interest payments on our debt higher than our Miltary budget, which is currently 40% of Fed spending.

However you do the math, the US is fiscally doomed. Even Paul Ryans so called "balanced budget" by his own terms just push's the problem back till 2027. Stangly about 15 years from now. Ryan's budget has not been passed. Because it is too "radical", LOL
just curious what a Chinese invasion has to do with a 22 Magnum? want to discuss political subjects, become a supporting Member and post it in the proper section. i am pretty sure some people don't want this thread to get shut down. just a suggestion.
jpattersonnh Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #53

Liked 277 Times on 192 Posts

The biggest game I've ever taken with a. 22WMR are grey and red squirrels, using my Savage 65M bolt action.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:17 AM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 480

If you can get a proper headshot there isn't much one can't kill with a 22 wmr. The small bullet does indeed penetrate. For hunting CCI gamepoints give you the best of the 22 wmr. Gamepoints expand enough to knock a squirrel off a limb. Yet they stay together and penetrate on larger game.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 09-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2534 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 1399

I've poked holes in several groundhogs with it out to 100 yds. They die P.D.Q.

Once many years ago, I was turkey hunting in N. central PA with my old Savage-Stevens 24P, .22wmr/20 ga. O/U, when I set up to start calling, a chipmunk on a stump saw me and started chirping & chirping & chirping. Finally, I had had enough and I shot that little alarmist with a .22 wmr HP at roughly 30 yards. It turned that little mountain rat inside out!

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous