.22 Mag - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > .22 Mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

Australia was the only country I visited when in the service that I didn't think the natives wanted me dead. It was pleasant after 6 mos in Persian Gulf. ;-)

Old 06-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #42

Liked 510 Times on 275 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjob View Post
Australia was the only country I visited when in the service that I didn't think the natives wanted me dead. It was pleasant after 6 mos in Persian Gulf. ;-)
We're friendly enough just don't insult our beer,women,dogs or cars......................hmmmm starting to sound redneckish there

Old 06-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #43

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairbear1

We're friendly enough just don't insult our beer,women,dogs or cars......................hmmmm starting to sound redneckish there
Apparently not just us up in America have rednecks.

So how hard would it be to get something like a bolt-action down there?

Last edited by Garadex; 06-09-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
Apparently not just us up in America have rednecks.

So how hard would it be to get something like a bolt-action down there?
1st off for somebody who's already got an Australian gun license you have to fill in a Permit to Acquire and send it in to the firearms registry and pay them $30 and then they send out a permit which you fill in to allow you to acquire the gun and when you send back the form filled in the registry gives you the ok to buy the rifle after they check you out on their police files to make sure your not red flagged.

This takes roughly 7-10 days tops in most cases and then you can go pick up your rifle and off you go to hunt.

1st time applicants(new license holders) have to wait 28 days so that their backgrounds are checked out and then they go through the same process as above but it takes a bit longer but after that it's as fast as you can send in the PTA as to how fast you get it back.

There are moves afoot to try and get rid of the registry as it's no real benefit to anybody and crims don't register guns.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #45

In 15 years when the Chinese invade the gun regvistry will help them find any partisans in a quick and efficient manner.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #46

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjob
In 15 years when the Chinese invade the gun regvistry will help them find any partisans in a quick and efficient manner.
I think a Chinese invasion is highly unlikely and crazy theory. Just sayin
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #47

Keep thinking that. About the time the US totally collapses the Chinese will get rolling. They will follow the same path the Japs did, except for on small exception, there will be no US army or Navy to block the way.

The US is in terrible fiscal shape, things aren't improving. When interest rates begin to move back up that's it for the dollar. Just a move back to 4.5% on treasuries will make the interest payments on our debt higher than our Miltary budget, which is currently 40% of Fed spending.

However you do the math, the US is fiscally doomed. Even Paul Ryans so called "balanced budget" by his own terms just push's the problem back till 2027. Stangly about 15 years from now. Ryan's budget has not been passed. Because it is too "radical", LOL

Old 06-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #48

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I don't know about the China invasion stuff but they will have a hegemony in the East and there is no longer a thing the US can do about it except commit suicide to slow them down. And they don't care about beign slowed down. The rest is true and inevitable. It is only a question of when the system collapses here under the weight the Party of the Left has put on real Americans' shoulders, not whether. And it will not be pretty when "they wants their's."

Last edited by HockaLouis; 06-09-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #49

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairbear1

1st off for somebody who's already got an Australian gun license you have to fill in a Permit to Acquire and send it in to the firearms registry and pay them $30 and then they send out a permit which you fill in to allow you to acquire the gun and when you send back the form filled in the registry gives you the ok to buy the rifle after they check you out on their police files to make sure your not red flagged.

This takes roughly 7-10 days tops in most cases and then you can go pick up your rifle and off you go to hunt.

1st time applicants(new license holders) have to wait 28 days so that their backgrounds are checked out and then they go through the same process as above but it takes a bit longer but after that it's as fast as you can send in the PTA as to how fast you get it back.

There are moves afoot to try and get rid of the registry as it's no real benefit to anybody and crims don't register guns.
Not too bad, I bet it's still ridiculously irritating though.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
Not too bad, I bet it's still ridiculously irritating though.
Yep like getting an enema with barbed wire. It achieves nothing really as after the 1st time they in theory know exactly what your like because it should be on the computer.

Now there are questions being asked if the registry has been hacked because there's been some gun thefts happening to licensed gun owners and the thieves knew exactly where things were and what guns to take.
There are moves a foot to try and get the registry disbanded the same as Canada did.

Newest Threads

Ria