Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > .22 Mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 01:17 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

Hairbear,

Thanks for that answer.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #32

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairbear1 View Post
We certainly can just about anything from air rifles up to .50 cal rifles. Shotguns and semi auto guns under different permits. We just can't own some of the toys you lot can have because our jelly spined politicians are scared we may use them on them.

I own 9 rifles and 1 shotgun plus I've got a .458 AccRel on the books waiting to be built plus probably a .338/06 as another toy and my son who's on a juniors permit owns 2 guns but the guns are in my name till he turns 18.

Mates of mine own .458 AccRels,.505 Gibbs,.460 Wetherby Magnums,.416 Rigby's plus heaps of other smaller calibres.

We hunt here in Australia feral cats and dogs, rabbits, foxes, goats, pigs, donkeys, camels,feral horses, Banteng and Scrub cattle plus water buffalo plus at least 6 species of deer.

The lying thieving rodents that are our politicians here reckon that we have a "gun culture" similar to what you boys have which is so far from the truth it's laughable.
The anti gun wankers tell that much crap it's hard to tell when they're actually telling fact but a lot of people who have no idea about guns believe what the media and these idiots spout.

Don't worry between New Zealand and us there is a very healthy hunting and shooting population something that doesn't sit well with a lot of politicians and anti groups.

.416 Rigby's. I'd love one.... drool. Wankers everywhere suck! You have a great vocabulary down under. No doubt about being labeled a wanker is a bad thing. He!! our commie in cheif is the biggest Wanker since Jimmy Carter.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #33

Liked 336 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
.416 Rigby's. I'd love one.... drool. Wankers everywhere suck! You have a great vocabulary down under. No doubt about being labeled a wanker is a bad thing. He!! our commie in cheif is the biggest Wanker since Jimmy Carter.
To be called a "wanker" in Australia is not a good thing so if you hear the term used by Aussies it generally means that who ever it's aimed at means that they play with them selves and have delusions of grandeur or as in most cases abject stupidity.

There's a lot of terms we use here that would probably leave you blokes scratching your heads but they do have their meanings.

Translation can be lost between country's in the way words are used and their meanings in 2 different country's and a classic is when you Yanks say: "We're rooting for you" Aussies piss themselves laughing because over here "rooting" means getting your rocks off with a sheila(Aussie slang for a girl/woman).

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence

Old 06-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #34

Do you guys wear rubbers on your feet, when it rains?

Old 06-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #35

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Hey Trigger, tell him your name is Randy and watch him spit out his lager!

Now I have a long but simple story, but it's worth it (I think)...

VP I worked for in the states from UK asked his new secretary for office supplies and rubbers. She got him everything but the rubbers. He reminded her, and said he wanted the big ones. She turnded red and ignored him. He asked a third time and she said those are the kind of things he really had to buy himself, and ignored him again. Now he'd had enough and got angry.

He called her into his office. Closed the door. He insisted she get him rubbers, that he simply needed them, that the little ones just won't do, that he needed the big kind, he wanted a whole box of them, that he just couldn't wait and wanted them right now! She ran out crying, straight to H.R. There she explained what the beast had been subjecting her to.

H.R. was astounded and sure, if not just hopeful, there was some misunderstanding. Two proud, strong, women, experts in H.R. you know, went to his office and asked him about his repeated requests, come demands, for big rubbers. To their amazement he immediately admitted everything.

They said they may not know how things were done in the UK but explained that this was just innapropriate here in the U.S., that that was something he'd have to buy himself, and that the secretary was very embarrassed and upset. He was completely confused and getting angry again. They asked how he thought rubbers were a reasonable business expense anyway.

He asked them what they were talking about -- how else would he correct mistakes? They said the whole point was to keep mistakes from happening in the first place. "I'm only human" he said, "things happen." They asked where he thought he'd be using the rubbers. "Right here, on my desk." Alarmed, they asked who he thought he'd be using them with. "By myself usually I suppose -- why?" Shocked they said any such behavior as that wasn't permitted on the premises under any circumstances, that his entire perspective on this was odd and disturbing, and it was going to be escalated immediately. "Fine," he yelled, "everyone makes mistakes". He said he needed to erase them, damnit, and just wasn't going to accept using the little ones on the back of pencils...

"What!?"

H.R. started to understood and asked if he meant erasers. He said he meant rubbers, the little pink things on the back of a pencil, only big. They explained that "rubbers" here are condoms.

He could not have been more embarrassed and almost fainted as he thought about the conversations he had had about this...

(Copyrighted)

Last edited by HockaLouis; 06-09-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #36
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2823 Times on 1937 Posts
Likes Given: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjob
We call them "Boots." "Rubbers" are/IS Slang for CONDOMS,..at least where i'm from Orig.

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 06-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #37

I smoke a fag now and then while wearing rubbers on my feet.
(I guess that's more entertaining to an englishman)

PS I've actually been Downunder. Took port in Bunburry, back in the 90's. I really liked it, reminded me of a greener AZ with clean beachs and lots of ants!

Old 06-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #38
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 700 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 211

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjob
LOL. welcome to Club Smarta$$.
Keeps rain out of the bore too!

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 06-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 890 Times on 592 Posts
Likes Given: 1158

My 15yo daughter killed her first TX hog, with her 22 WMR at 100yds. one shot DRT behind the ear. Plus she laid waste to a fox, seven raccoons, and several TX jack rabbits.

After that hunt WE (her and I) built her a custom 7mm-08 (lefty) on a Savage action. She killed 8 pigs this recent trip (head shots,) while the old man here struggled to get 2 lol. The clarity of youthful eyes I tell ya!

She also carried my Ruger Single Six with the 22WMR Cylinder and wrecked havoc on several jacks and one raccoon. She's a shooter, a hunter, a fisher and all gorgeous girl..

When she ultimately marries; her husband really needs to be understanding of her talents in the outdoors.

Become steel or get cut.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:58 PM   #40

Liked 336 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjob View Post
In Australia that would be asking if your wearing condoms on your feet and you'd get some funny looks and replies as well.
They're called thongs here(yes I know it means that as well. ), double pluggers, Japanese riding boots, New Guinea flying boots or as I call them Nazareth Nikes.

Triggerjob here in Australia cigarettes are also called fags as well and yes we also call "fags" fags as well as I said it's all in the interpretation.

Randy would raise a few eyebrows here as well and at least 1 reply would be "I'm sure he is!" or "good on ya Cobber go get 'em!".

1 thing we Aussies,POMS and Kiwi's like doing is taking the piss out of ourselves and anybody else especially if somebody is taking themselves too seriously.

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence

axxe55 Likes This