2009 Deer Season Thread - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > 2009 Deer Season Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I finally get to spend a little more time in the woods! I'm heading out this weekend and hopefully I'll return with some more meat for the freezer. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was watching some yahoo on the hunting channel and he said that there is places in NC where there is no limit on whitetails. Is this really whitetail heaven or was I hearing wrong. If so when I die and go to whitetail heaven in NC will you go hunting with me. Good luck and shoot one for me, Joe

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
I was watching some yahoo on the hunting channel and he said that there is places in NC where there is no limit on whitetails. Is this really whitetail heaven or was I hearing wrong. If so when I die and go to whitetail heaven in NC will you go hunting with me. Good luck and shoot one for me, Joe
I know of nowhere in NC that does not have a limit on whitetails. If there is such a place her it would have to be somewhere on the coast. SC may not have a limit, I dont know. I know their season starts in August or something and goes thru December. Most of the deer there are the size of a big dog but they have a TON.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I went out last Saturday and was surrounded by deer. I kicked up 4 on my way into the stand that afternoon and had 2 circling my food plot for about 2 hours. They never stepped out of the tree line but I could see their form. I didn't take anything home but it made for an exciting afternoon. I was on the edge of my seat for 2 hours, looking for where they would step out. I won't be able to go out this weekend but I'm hoping to next week.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Spittinfire, if you can keep it in the perspective that it's called, hunting and not killing, it sounds as if your season so far has been a success. The meat in the freezer is just the bonus that goes along with hunting. Shoot straight and stay safe, I'm pull'n for you. Joe

Old 12-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Right you are Joe. This past weekend was one of the best hunting weekends I've had in the past couple of years and I didn't bring anything home. Other then it being about 20 degrees it was a beautiful day, animals were moving so I got to watch them and spend some time in prayer. The fact I could see the deer in the trees but not shoot kept me very alert. Keep in mind the longest shot in this plot is 40 yards. Watching deer move that close keeps the heart pounding. I'll get another day or two in this year going for whitetail and then I'll move on to some squirrel. Spring gobler will follow soon enough.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We need someone to change this to the 2010 hunting thread.

Darla and I were out chasing wascally wabbits this morning and we both got quite the work out, but alas, no wabbits.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #28

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Deer season is DONE here in VA. I at least got to see something this season. I am making sure I go and get my Quantico lic this year. That way I get more space to hunt.

I think once my new yote call comes in I will go to a place and make a few stands and see ifin I can't whack the hell out of one to just kill something. Can't wait till spring and the grass guzzlers come back. I got a place I gotta go and find out more about this area is suposed to house more ground hogs per farm than any place in VA. WOOT WOOT.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9700&stc=1&d=126367411 1
SAM_0176.jpg

Did not get a chance to do any hunting last week as I was at the FTF show in Columbus Ohio. I did get to meet this couple and had a nice chat with them. I never waited in line to meet anyone from Hollywood, but as I found out, Lee and Tiffany were well worth the wait.

Last edited by hunter Joe; 02-22-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My group of three, had five tags. Two good bucks, one fair (for our area), & two nice does. We had to endure a lot of extreme cold to harvest these, but were happy with the results. Now much work making our jerky, sasauge, and snack sticks next month. Freezers or full of deer, hog, rattlers, pheasant, and quail. The better halfs are a little crabby about the time spent and lack of freezer space