Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > 1 Bear down--America's youth doing their part against the ursine hoards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default 1 Bear down--America's youth doing their part against the ursine hoards

Mich. teen takes down 448-pound black bear - Yahoo! News

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. – A 17-year-old Michigan girl has begun her big game hunting career with a bang — or rather a whoosh — by killing a 448-pound black bear with a bow and arrow from 16 yards away.

High school senior Jessica Olmstead of Battle Creek shot the bear during a hunting trip last month in Oba, Ontario.

She told the Battle Creek Enquirer for a story published Tuesday that the bear was the first animal she killed with the new bow.

Her father, Tim Olmstead, says he's been teaching others to hunt for more than 30 years and that he's never had a student pick up the fundamentals as quickly as his daughter.

He says his daughter eats what she hunts, including the bear.

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

I should send her a thank you card.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

448 pounds with a bow & arrow?!?! Oh Benning, I think I have found your next big challenge!!

JD

Old 09-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
448 pounds with a bow & arrow?!?! Oh Benning, I think I have found your next big challenge!!

JD
Nah, she's still underage.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.