Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Competition Shooting (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   What shooting sport do you want to try? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f48/what-shooting-sport-do-you-want-try-13545/)

cpttango30 05-05-2009 12:04 PM

What shooting sport do you want to try?

Well which one.

I always wanted to try benchrest shooting and Palma.

I did this just so I didn't have to see breaking in barrel anymore.

zhuk 05-06-2009 10:43 AM

I'm trying out pistol target shooting for the 2nd time this Sat...just poppers atm. If I can, I also want to try some longarms while I'm on the range, which will be benchrest .22s

The only long gun I've ever fired was a double-barrelled shotgun @ my uncle's farm when I was 17. Killed an empty beer can stone dead on the first try :p

hillbilly68 05-06-2009 12:28 PM

Three gun just for the hell of it. Plus I could justify buying three new guns!

Dillinger 05-06-2009 03:20 PM

Drive By.

I think I would like to try Drive By shooting. It would appear, based on several accounts, that it is an open field that has room for someone at the top.

I think I could be that guy. The guy that actually hits what he is aiming at instead of spraying the side of a hot dog stand and hitting several innocent people. :cool:

JD

hillbilly68 05-07-2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 102820)
Drive By.

I think I would like to try Drive By shooting. It would appear, based on several accounts, that it is an open field that has room for someone at the top.

I think I could be that guy. The guy that actually hits what he is aiming at instead of spraying the side of a hot dog stand and hitting several innocent people. :cool:

JD

I just changed my mind. Definitely want a slot on your DBS team. Might have a tough time getting sponsors though.

RL357Mag 05-07-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly68 (Post 103047)
I just changed my mind. Definitely want a slot on your DBS team. Might have a tough time getting sponsors though.

I know a couple ranchers in Az. that would probably sponsor you...their prop. borders Mexico.

Dillinger 05-07-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly68 (Post 103047)

Welcome aboard - Now all we need is a wheelman. Is Jason Stathom available??

As for sponsors, it's all in the Sales & Marketing.

I am thinking the big wigs in the Mexican Drug cartels would be an easy sale, you know, since their troops can't seem to hit anything but civilians with all their illegally purchase semi-auto weapons from the US gun shows. :rolleyes:

robocop10mm 05-07-2009 07:42 PM

RDBSA. The Reverse Drive By Shooting Association. Targeting the gang bangers before they can shoot from their cars.

Points awarded for year of target car (sheetmetal thickness), speed of the vehicle, use of cover and actual hits on the occupants. There are bonus points for actually hitting the "Colors".

Traditional handgun competition, Three Gun, Team Tactics, Two Gun (transition drills) and LE (ambush). AP ammo is allowed. Incindiary ammo is allowed (except in rural and suburban Kali due to the high brush fire risk). Crew served weapons are NOT allowed except at the World Shoot. Major, Minor and Belt Fed scoring. All members of SpecWar are automaically placed in Master class. LE SWAT members cannot be entered below A class. Civi's with CHL's will be placed in D class until they have completed their first sanctioned match, then classed according to their scores.

Nationals are to be held in Detroit this year. This should be a boon to the floundering Michigan economy. World Shoot 09 is tentatively scheduled for Kandahar.

Dillinger 05-07-2009 08:02 PM

^^^ LMAO!!

Epic Post!!

Where do I sign up?!

matt g 05-07-2009 08:29 PM

Beer pong.