Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > What gun to shoot? USPSA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 05:08 AM   #21
FTF_SPONSOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
I have come to the realization that at this point in my competitive shooting career, 1 match, a sudden change in equipment is not going to make me a better shooter. I am going to stick with what I have for the time being and work on shot placement, stage breakdown and fundamentals. I can't buy my way to master class shooter. At the point when I feel that my equipment is truly hindering my further progress then it will be time for a change.

This of course becomes a moot point if I walk into one of my LGSs and happen upon a smokin hot deal.
You would be surprised how the right equip can make all the difference. I had an STI custom in 40. Prior to that I spend a few months building a g35. It started as a limited gun then grew to an open. I went shooting with a buddy and he had a custom STI... g35 was sold almost immediately and STI was purchased. The difference in how I could shoot the STI was night and day.

That being said, if the limited custom guns are not in your budget, there are a ton of great shooters that run production. Some because of budget, some because they shot limited or open and like the added challenge of simple.

The trick is simply finding the production gun that YOU can shoot well. Might be a Glock, maybe the MP.

I think the best bang for the buck is going with the CZ platform.

Have fun and focus on shooting before you dump money into a gun because someone else said it is the bomb. It may be for them and not work at all for you.

At the end of the day learn to shoot the courses safe. Getting a DQ negates whatever gear you have.

NRA Instructor
Texas CHL Instructor
U.S. Navy Veteran