What can be learned from this... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > What can be learned from this...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 04:51 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

All I'm saying is that people who have NEVER shot a handgun are getting their license.
There should be a saftey course that requires a applicant to shoot. The other day I was taking to a freind of mine and he is a gun owner and he asked me how use a pump action shotgun becuase he couldn't release the fore end. The sad part is he's owned a gun far longer than I have. Not everyone has the privelage to work a firearm when they are kids. If you don't respect a firearm your headed for trouble. Oh and by the way in my first post I clealey stated SOME people, not all. If guns get out of control then there going to eventually get banned. Thats the last thing I want to happen, so thats why I said what I said. In Ma it doesn't matter if you where born with a pistol wrapped around your umbilical cord you still need to get a license. Thank you and Good Night

Only One Bullet Left. Save It For Yourself.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAirweight View Post
All I'm saying is that people who have NEVER shot a handgun are getting their license. There should be a saftey course that requires a applicant to shoot.

If guns get out of control then there going to eventually get banned. Thats the last thing I want to happen, so thats why I said what I said.

In Ma it doesn't matter if you where born with a pistol wrapped around your umbilical cord you still need to get a license.
So you favor gun control? Who is to say that the next guy won't think that the only people qualified to own firearms are law enforcement officers and members of the military? I don't favor gun control due to a recurring theme in this government, "mission creep", not to mention that bit in the second amendment about "shall not be infringed" and all.

I agree on not wanting guns to be banned, but what is the real difference between "under control" and "banned"? I think that difference is perspective; if you are in control and still have guns, they are "under control" and not "banned".

That would be a difficult delivery! I still wonder how do children get to go hunt with their parent(s) if they have to be licensed. Some kids get test anxiety and do poorly on tests; does this mean they won't safely handle a rifle, i'm not sure are you?

Now, just for clarification: Did you really mean that all guns must be licensed, or just handguns?

Old 07-15-2009, 02:14 AM   #13

Before you start bringing out the big guns let me just come out and say that gun control in this country is whacked. What I mean by whacked is that some states they nearly hand you the guns while in other states you have to get married a second time take out a loan from the bank, say the alphabet backwards, and finally crawl on you hands and knees and not once mention that owning a firearm is a right and not a privelage. America is one , I understand that some places are much more populated but why do we have to suffer becuase of it. In my opinion if there where more guns out there, there would be less violence and more knowledge of gun saftey. I beleive that becuase there making it hard to get licensed and own a gun that people are seeing it less and less. I'm not fully aware of all the corners of the states but I can tell you that If I where in a supermarket reaching for something and my jacket rose up and reveiled a weapon I could lose my license. My next door neighbor RI they can have there gun exposed and have it as they please. It's not knowing that causes curiosity among teens and adults. You stated that I was for gun control, Completley the opposite. Look at Brazil they banned fire arms for civilians, crime right rose until the murcury burst. To answer your second question I believe that hand guns for conceal carry should require a license but back the hell off the guy who's buying a shotgun for hunting. Also just to get a drift , ( Don't Quote Me On This) The only rifle that is allowed for hunting in Mass. is a .22 cal. Anything larger is banned from hunting in Mass.
And Finally on a happier note My License covers my kids. BUT I cannot have any firearm on me when my son has his rifle. I am responsible for his gun and his only. Thats mASS for ya.

Last edited by SWAirweight; 07-15-2009 at 02:18 AM. Reason: NOne

Old 07-15-2009, 02:36 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

You know, if you moved south, like maybe TN, they would quit calling you a Yankee in a few years.

At least a parent can take a kid hunting.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:07 AM   #15

What you meant was they quit calling my son a yankee, I'd be long gone by then

Old 07-15-2009, 03:17 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
What you meant was they quit calling my son a yankee, I'd be long gone by then
??? They considered me a redneck when i lived in Memphis, TN and said so fairly regularly. We are who we are; no need to be offended when people remind us.

Think about it, i once bought a mossberg pump 12 on the way to a dove hunt at a pawn shop. It was used & not pretty, but for $100 i got a good working shotgun and a free box of shells, iirc. This took about 15 minutes. The shop also sold me a new hunting license.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:31 AM   #17

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

i hope he made a fast & painless as possible recovery...def. wear protection...we never know what can happen...just like this guy...

Last edited by m72law; 07-15-2009 at 03:32 PM.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:40 AM   #18

My first gun was a Mossberg 12 Gauge Pump also, but no free box of shells. I was had when I paid 65 dollars for 100 shotgun shells, but I didn't really know what I was buying and no one helped me out. I got home a realized that the 65 dollars I paid was for a 20 gauge shot gun and I had no use for it so I gave it to a freind of mine who owned a 20 gauge. Ever since that day I spent hours researching different calibers,gauges, and all sorts of ammunition, never again will a SOB sell me something I don't want. The sad part is the gun owner knew I was buying this as my first gun and new I had no ammo and he sold me 20 gauge ammo anyway. They laughed then but not now, I'm sitting on about 750 12 gauge shot gun shells, ( 8Shot, Slugs, 00 Buckshots ect.) Also over 1,500 .22 rounds ( about 500 hollow points and the rest are target loads, and about 150 . 38 Special ( 100 Target Loads, 50 Hollow Points) and not one of my dollor bills went to that gun store. I am always buying ammo almost every week to stock up. I'd rather buy more ammo then buy more guns. Any way this thread is kinda getting off track anyway so i think our arguement should move elsewhere. Nice Talk'n to ya Orangello

Old 07-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Okay To Answer your question I'm from Mass. Secondly any where in New England you want a gun get a license. I heard that the mother blew away her son in the news.
Last and foremost why oh why some states don't require license for firearms is beyond me. Then people wonder , "How That Guy Get A Gun". Mass you are required to take a home saftey course to learn saftey of fire arms, but it's very basic stuff. Then you have to fill out an application send to your local PD, they get ur fingerprints, pay 100 bucks and wait three weeks while they investigate everything about u. It's not the paperwork that I disagree with, it's the training, look at a few pictures, hold a few guns, that's it.
The instructor of all people should have been wearing eye protection, as should anyone on the range.

I've never heard of that before, thats sad. None of my guns have any paperwork with my name on them, do to innerstate family deals. I know handgun licenses are a pain to get too.

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #20

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

eversense i was shooting my s&w 10-6.38spl.revolver without safety glasses,and had some powder or lead come back and smack me in my eyes and face...i never shoot without them...earplugs no doubt!the old nagant revolver i shoot,all the time spits a little something at my face...so i might invest in a fullfaced shield when shooting that old gun...its sad when everyone knows we only have one pair of eyes & ears...and its common sense to know anything mechanical can fail at anytime.