Virginia State: Any Handgun Competitions in Norfolk/Hampton Roads Area of Virginia?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > Virginia State: Any Handgun Competitions in Norfolk/Hampton Roads Area of Virginia?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Virginia State: Any Handgun Competitions in Norfolk/Hampton Roads Area of Virginia?

Any Hampton Roads Citizens of Virginia out there that can help me out?

I've been having trouble finding a Local Competition for Handguns in my area (I live in Norfolk).

I have great confidence in my skills and everytime I shoot with the Navy I score a 240 out of 240 (based on Law Enforcement Scoring I think). I was the best shooter on my ship before I left it in March 2009. I'm really thirsty to go out and win something for the Handgun skills I know I have, but have always had trouble finding that Competition out there close to where I live (I know there are other competitions in Virginia, but at the moment I can't drive out there that easily).

If there are any Virginians out there, especially Hampton Roads citizens that know of any of these Pistol Shooting Competitions, please let me know!

Currently on Tour as Military Instructor in Virginia Beach, VA. Navy Pistol Expert, Navy Shotgun Course Expert, Naval Boarding Team Experience, M60 Boat Gunner, 50 Cal Machine Gun and 25mm Chain Gun Captain. Experienced in various large firearms including the Surface Launched Torpedoes. Own more than 5 personal firearms of every type known.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8691 Times on 3764 Posts
Likes Given: 1336

Not in the Hampton Roads area (closer to Richmond) My club (Black Creek Shooters) is about 6 miles from Richmond airport, and sponsors several shoots each year. But I'll bet you a beer that if you check with a senior Gunny over at the Marines at Camp Elmore, or with some of the folks at Little Creek (Seals) they may know of some of the NRA sanctioned matches around the area. Or just check with the NRA. Um...... you ARE a NRA member, right?

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt