Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > USPSA check it out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 03:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default USPSA check it out

when I talk with non shooting freinds and those I might just meet, I can't stop talking about shooting and USPSA I sometimes feel I am a sales person for them even though I am just a member, I started shooting USPSA at the ripe age of 58 or so I will be 62 soon, and young and old alike we just have a ball, many people watch a match or two and will say I would be embarrassed to shoot with you guys, and we welcome them and tell them we all had to start somewhere just like you, within a month there kicking butt, and for the young guys man in no time you guys can really go, it is the best $35 a year you can spend, the people that shoot it are from all walks of life Doctors, Business people, Factory Workers, Computer Geeks, with one thing in common, running and gunning.

If you have never seen a match watch the worlds best on Video at

www.uspsa.org on that site you can find a club near you, go and watch and do not be intimidated by the speed you can do it in no time at all with help and every one is more then happy to help, you will never meet a nicer bunch of people.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-10-2008, 03:42 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I've done a couple USPSA matches at my local club's range. My schedule doesn't always work out with the matches, and I'm not even a USPSA member yet. It is fun....and could be addicting!

Old 10-10-2008, 04:03 AM   #3

There is no doubt that it is addicting! I have seen to many like myself come down shoot once and you are hooked for life or until your money runs out.

And since I work somewhat part time in the Mental Health Industry it is great socialization tool as any sport can be, and stress reliever.

I had read about it for many years but was to busy to shoot before I retired in 2001 then picked up a part time job three years ago with a Counseling Center for the Mentally Ill and it gave me more gun money.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:24 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

looks like there is a club not too far from me (eastern nebraska) please tell me more.

whats it all about? what do you do? would i have fun with it casually? tell me more!

Old 02-27-2009, 06:51 AM   #5

A club near me does a self deffense pistol practice session once a month for all comers, the R.O. is a big time USPSA shooter and sets the range up like a USPSA course, a lot of people get turned on to USPSA shooting from attending the self deffense practice, it is loads of fun.