Turkey shoot guns

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > Turkey shoot guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1065 Times on 770 Posts
Likes Given: 543

Default Turkey shoot guns

I remember the the birthday I got my first gun , a New england firearms single 12ga , its a wonder how i did not wear out the firing pin by dry firing the whole night . The same year I went to my first turkey shoot thinking we were really going to shoot turkeys lol . I won the first shot and lost every other for the rest of the night and for quite sometime I cleaned it after every shot lol. We took it in and had a full choke installed and to this day it continues to royally piss the guys with the big bad guns off . The bead sight got missing so pops put a bead of weld on it and ground it to shape lol .
Second only to the NEF is a Iver johnson dad bought me when we had our own turkey shoot . To this day Im not sure what it is exactly , very very heavy and thick barrel upwards of a 1/4 thick at the business end . My dad had barrowed a mossberg and it had to be the longest gun ever , I cant remember if it was 48'' or 52'' but it would destroy a target .
Last year we had a guy that was a former firearm instructor with a browning 12ga and what seemed like 3ft long choke and we were tit for tat with my little 12ga
Its not the gun , its not the shooter , its how good you can spot weld .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-11-2011, 02:42 AM   #2

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 72

what you talking bought ?

Old 12-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #3

I went to my first turkey shoot the other night. Everyone there had the longest barrels I'd ever seen.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #4

Liked 1065 Times on 770 Posts
Likes Given: 543

I think some of those guys like to put the end of the gun about 2 inches away from the target

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.