Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Competition Shooting (
-   -   Top Shot? (

Rick1967 08-01-2010 04:59 PM

Top Shot?
My son and I hang out together every Saturday night and sleep on cots in a tent or the camper or something. He is 11. It was raining last night so we set up in the living room. We watched about 5 reruns of Top Shot. I had never seen it before. It was an entertaining show. But these guys are supposed to be champions. In some episodes they were great. But there were a couple episodes where these guys couldn't shoot for crap. I'd never seen a champion that couldn't shoot a Colt Peacemaker before. Does anyone else watch this show?

lonyaeger 08-01-2010 05:14 PM

Pretty big thread dedicated just to that show:

By the way, one of the guys who works for me was contacted by the producers and there's a good chance he's gonna be on the show next season. They asked him to send a video of his shooting. The guy is pretty amazing.

Tackleberry1 08-01-2010 06:12 PM

I've watched all season and your right, I've seen a lot of LESS than exceptional marksmanship. However, they are shooting unfamiliar guns and given limited practice time to determine POA V/S POI so I cut them some slack and just appreciate the fact that there's a reality show geared around my sport!

TimL2952 01-02-2011 06:08 AM

aw man...I applied for season 2 and got 3 call backs and sent him info and videos and pictures....BUT i never sent him my basics...I was only 18 and he apologized and said come back in a few years..hopefull its still around in 2012-2013