Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > Took 1st place at a local sniper competition today.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 04:04 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06 View Post
Lol

It's taken me, at LEAST, 100,000 shots to be able to shoot as well as I do now. I spend 12 hours a day, every day, at the range though....
Do you hand load every round? Saw a show on sniper team competition once, they hand loaded every round, sometimes measuring every individual grain of powder and weighing each bullet so that each round's ballistics was 100% predictable.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Do you hand load every round? Saw a show on sniper team competition once, they hand loaded every round, sometimes measuring every individual grain of powder and weighing each bullet so that each round's ballistics was 100% predictable.
Haha, no, I don't hand load every round. I wish that I had the time to do that.

Most of the rounds I shoot are match grade ammunition provided by Uncle Sam. For MY weapons though, I hand load every round. I've spent a lot of really late nights loading to be ready for the next day or a weekend get-together shoot.......

You know what they say, "Practice Makes Perfect".

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 11-25-2011, 02:47 AM   #23

If you don't mind me asking, what scopes do you have on your riffles?

Old 11-25-2011, 05:16 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebusiness View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what scopes do you have on your riffles?
I actually have a couple of different optic combos for both rifles.... For the most part, I use a Leupold Mark 4 ERTRS on my .338 Lapua.... That 30 mm tube IS REALLY, REALLY nice to have!

On my Chey Tac .408, for this particular shoot, I used a Leupold Mark 4 ERTRS with a BORS setup.... Sorry, don't have a picture of the BORS Setup yet..... I'll post it when I get her out and take some more recent pictures of her......

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Last edited by CarlsbadRanger06; 11-25-2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Posted wrong picture of my .338 and couldn't find my flash drive for the Chey Tac picture...Found em though!