Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > Smallbore competitions in or around Oklahoma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 534 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 213

Default Smallbore competitions in or around Oklahoma

Hello everyone. I am the team captain of my Naval ROTC's Rifle/Pistol team at college. We shoot .22LR rifles and pistols. Our official league I guess is in the NCAA but I am looking for any competitions in or close to Oklahoma that our team could participate in for this next school year. So far we have only been able to have one competition a year with other ROTC schools. As you can imagine just having one competition can really be a bummer. The last competition we shot in our rifle team took 1st place out of more than 40 other teams. It was real exciting.
So if anyone knows of any competitions we can get in on please reply. Also postals are great (where the host mails the targets and you shoot them and mail them back to be scored and ranked).
Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Well, you didn't say what part of Oklahoma you're in. Check OFGC.org
Old Fort Gun Club. Located in Barling, AR (east Ft Smith). They hold two matches a month on silhouette and they shoot metrics. I shot silhouette for several years with a club that's no longer around, but that was NRA standard. Anyway.......look up the match director for the small bore. I am a member of OFCG, and don't quote me on this...but I believe any scheduled matches are open to the public now. If you need more information than what's available on their website, I'll help you any way I can.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 534 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 213

Thanks. Central Oklahoma but we have traveled as far as Colorado and Tennessee for competitions.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:51 AM   #4

Search for Ponca City OK Gun Club or send them a Email pcrifle@poncacity.net
They have some .22 stuff going on over there, but I'm not sure that it is what you are looking for.

If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.

Will Rogers