Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > skeet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default skeet

i have recently started shooting skeet i am having trouble hitting stage 4 and 5 any advice is greatly appreciated

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-26-2011, 01:19 AM   #2

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I've only been to a range like that once. If I remember right, 4 came from the left and 5 came from the right. Both are crossing shots. I found better results on a crossing shot by bringing the gun up to sight picture. Follow the clays path from behind and overtake it in the swing arc. Depending on how far and fast for your lead squeeze off the shot and continue the arc for follow thru. Good luck

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 246 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 92

Quick answer, station 4,5,6 are considered the middle stations and they all have the same 4" lead. The biggest or most common mistakes is failure to keep the gun moving and taking your head off the stock.

Go to YouTube and get advice from some very talented instructors. FREE The flashlight trick really does work to smooth out your mount & swing.

Remington has a skeet and trap primer that you can download that will explain each station and will show you the recommended lead for each shot. I found this very helpful when I was beginning because everyone will "try" to "help" at the range and whether they are swing through or sustained lead shooters, they inevitably end up confusing new shooters w/o meaning to.

Just have some fun and shoot !