Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > Shooting competitions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 04:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Shooting competitions.

I’ve heard some information about military bolt action rifle bench rest competitions. I have two very accurate bolt action rifles (Mauser and Mosin-Nagant) and I would like to participate at one of these competitions. However I am not able to find the shooting range or shooting association in Pennsylvania or New Jersey who have these competitions for club members. If somebody has this information, please share with me.
Thanks,
Lenguns.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Where are you coming from and how far are you willing to drive? The reason I ask is I am a member of a club that has an amazing military shoot every 3 months or so where we have a couple different stations set up. It's never a really serious competition but draws in around 15-20 shooters with all sorts of great guns. I see you have a Mosin. i jsut purchased mine for this sport a couple months back and fell in love with it.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil, for I am the meanest mother F***** in the valley!....oorah

Old 03-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

So nevermind on your location I have now seen that under your name.. My club is located in Waterloo NY, upstate NY region and would be a bit of a drive

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil, for I am the meanest mother F***** in the valley!....oorah

Old 03-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #4

Default Shooting contest.

Thank you very much for your respond.
This is not a problem for me to drive. I like Finger Lakes area and this is pleasure to have fun over there. I would like to have more information about this club and how to joint to this shooting contest. Do they have web page?
I have two Mosin’s. One with hex receiver (1932) and other with round receiver (1944). I like both of them more then my Mauser. They are very accurate.
I live in Springfield (central NJ) and this is not a problem to drive 4 hrs once in a 3-6 month.
Thanks,

Old 03-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well joining the club itself would be difficult we have a membership cap and waiting list right now however anyone can come to the shoots, they are open to the public. I am pretty sure it only costs $5 to $10 to shoot in the competition. The web page for the club is Waterloo Rifle & Pistol Club There is no information about the military shoot on there because we have only ever had 2 shoots however I have a meeting coming up soon in which I will find out when the next one is for you. The Mosin I picked up is a Tula 1926 Hex receiver, and puts 5 shots at a 1/2" group at 100yards, I am very impressed with it.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #6

½ “ group – is a very impressive accuracy for the open sight rifle. Most of the “hex” rifles that were issued by Tula factory before WWII (before 1941) are very accurate and cost more then any round receiver. I am sure that your rifle will make a nice group at much more then 100 yards.
Thanks for your info about the club and I would appreciate to get contests schedule for this year (if it possible).
Thanks,
Len
P.S. Also, I am going to call to the club but I am not sure that i will get more info than from you.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:27 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Good luck.. that phone number goes to the range and there may or may not be someone there let alone someone with enough information for ya. I am the Director of Sporterifle and the Tactical shoots so when I see the President in the next couple of days I will find out when the next shoot is for you. As far as some of the other competitions we have those can be seen on the website under the calendar. And I got lucky with my Mosin, only paid $125 for it.