Season 2 Premier of 3 Gun Nation on Versus Friday July 29th 10:00 AM - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > Season 2 Premier of 3 Gun Nation on Versus Friday July 29th 10:00 AM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Blind in one Eye........

Show me something different..........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 10-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Show me something different..........
Have you ever shot 3 gun? What would be interesting to you? More Top Shot type shooting? BTW I am not associated with the show in any way just curious.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Three shot syndrome.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtischauser View Post
Have you ever shot 3 gun? What would be interesting to you? More Top Shot type shooting? BTW I am not associated with the show in any way just curious.
I'm a pistol shooter..... 22 cal. Revolver.......Shot gun shooter.....Expert with the Marlin mod. 60 with iron sights, Have yet to pay for my beer at these get to gethers...... This wannbe football coach and X what ever has a yellow streak down his back......Are he did like I did.... Walk away before you kill some one....... I think he didn't have the balls to continue.......WHT A %^^&*((*^%$$$%^&&*&* Wusss..

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 10-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
I'm a pistol shooter..... 22 cal. Revolver.......Shot gun shooter.....Expert with the Marlin mod. 60 with iron sights, Have yet to pay for my beer at these get to gethers...... This wannbe football coach and X what ever has a yellow streak down his back......Are he did like I did.... Walk away before you kill some one....... I think he didn't have the balls to continue.......WHT A %^^&*((*^%$$$%^&&*&* Wusss..
Sorry I was trying to figure out what kind of shooting the previous poster would like to see on the 3 gun nation show. Top shot has the drama that nobody seems to like but it also has a bunch of cool shooting scenerios and slow motion cameras and things that make the shots look better/harder than they are. I wonder if people would like 3 gun nation more with that sot of video.

Do you guys like the pro tips?

How about the shoot offs?

Watching the top shooters break down stages?

Just curious as to why you watch or why you don't watch anymore.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #15

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Sorry I was trying to figure out what kind of shooting the previous poster would like to see on the 3 gun nation show. Top shot has the drama that nobody seems to like but it also has a bunch of cool shooting scenerios and slow motion cameras and things that make the shots look better/harder than they are. I wonder if people would like 3 gun nation more with that sot of video.

Do you guys like the pro tips?

How about the shoot offs?

Watching the top shooters break down stages?

Just curious as to why you watch or why you don't watch anymore.
One reason I prefer Top Shot to 3GN? The firearms. I'm not talking about the cannons, either. I mean they get off the shelf weapons that a lot of us can realistically look at owning without having to sell a testicle or child.
I really wish they had an IDPA type show, with a 'stock' competition in 3 Gun, where they had to use off the shelf equipment to compete, and no tricked out rigs.
Some of the equipment they use, Stephen Hawkins could hit the target.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
One reason I prefer Top Shot to 3GN? The firearms. I'm not talking about the cannons, either. I mean they get off the shelf weapons that a lot of us can realistically look at owning without having to sell a testicle or child.
I really wish they had an IDPA type show, with a 'stock' competition in 3 Gun, where they had to use off the shelf equipment to compete, and no tricked out rigs.
Some of the equipment they use, Stephen Hawkins could hit the target.
I hear you there. The episode that followed Jerry Miculek and Mike Voight was all Open Division guns and gear which is not very practical stuff. Most of us use guns that are off the shelf with our own aftermarket stocks, grips, magazines, sights, forearms, free float tubes, etc. I am running the new Stag Arms Model 3G with mostly stock parts.

Stag Arms

A Glock 34 and a Benelli M2 shotgun. They all have little race mods to make 3 gun easier but the mods aren;t anything you couldn't use on your home defense or hunting firearms.

My Videos

Accurate Iron Custom STI Edge 5 | Accurate Iron Benelli M2 Shotgun | Stag Arms Model 3G | Accurate Iron Glock 34 | Accurate Iron Glock 35 | DPMS Panther LR 308

Old 10-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #17

Quote:
I hear you there. The episode that followed Jerry Miculek and Mike Voight was all Open Division guns and gear which is not very practical stuff. Most of us use guns that are off the shelf with our own aftermarket stocks, grips, magazines, sights, forearms, free float tubes, etc. I am running the new Stag Arms Model 3G with mostly stock parts.

Stag Arms

A Glock 34 and a Benelli M2 shotgun. They all have little race mods to make 3 gun easier but the mods aren;t anything you couldn't use on your home defense or hunting firearms.
That's what I am saying. Want to prove just how good a shot they really are, to me? Give them 2 grand. That's their entire budget for their three gun competition.
That includes their rifle, shot gun and hand gun, as well as magazines and other such things.
Make it a true challenge. Two grand would be a VERY generous budget for most of us, but it wouldn't, really, even buy them their hand gun.
Make it a competition about skill, not just who has the best and brightest equipment.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
That's what I am saying. Want to prove just how good a shot they really are, to me? Give them 2 grand. That's their entire budget for their three gun competition.
That includes their rifle, shot gun and hand gun, as well as magazines and other such things.
Make it a true challenge. Two grand would be a VERY generous budget for most of us, but it wouldn't, really, even buy them their hand gun.
Make it a competition about skill, not just who has the best and brightest equipment.

$2k would be tough!

A Glock or M&P cost $500 plus a few mags is $600 total.
A kinda reliable semi auto is around $600-800.
A entry level AR15 would cost $1000 without optics.

A budget like that would limit the tougher shooting we do in 3 Gun. It's hard to hit 50 yard pistol shots with stock Glock sights and triggers. Bone stock AR15 sites would be a stretch on human sized targets at 300. Shotguns are horribly unreliable for shooting that much that fast if they aren't modified somewhat.

I do appreciate the fact that it isn't as interesting because you can't take the stuff out of your safe to compete with. That is a big part of why IDPA and USPSA production divisions are so popular.

Would anyone want to watch shooters on TV doing average things with average guns is the big question? I think seeing the speed of these guys is what makes it so amazing to watch. At least for me it does. I know the first time I shot along side Taran Butler the entire squad would stop what they were doing to see his run on every stage.

My Videos

Accurate Iron Custom STI Edge 5 | Accurate Iron Benelli M2 Shotgun | Stag Arms Model 3G | Accurate Iron Glock 34 | Accurate Iron Glock 35 | DPMS Panther LR 308

Old 10-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #19

Quote:
$2k would be tough!

A Glock or M&P cost $500 plus a few mags is $600 total.
A kinda reliable semi auto is around $600-800.
A entry level AR15 would cost $1000 without optics.

A budget like that would limit the tougher shooting we do in 3 Gun. It's hard to hit 50 yard pistol shots with stock Glock sights and triggers. Bone stock AR15 sites would be a stretch on human sized targets at 300. Shotguns are horribly unreliable for shooting that much that fast if they aren't modified somewhat.

I do appreciate the fact that it isn't as interesting because you can't take the stuff out of your safe to compete with. That is a big part of why IDPA and USPSA production divisions are so popular.

Would anyone want to watch shooters on TV doing average things with average guns is the big question? I think seeing the speed of these guys is what makes it so amazing to watch. At least for me it does. I know the first time I shot along side Taran Butler the entire squad would stop what they were doing to see his run on every stage.
I get a kick out of seeing competition on this level where they're using equipment similar to what the average person uses. Even setting it up to three grand would be interesting.
My point is, exceptional marksmen are exceptional, not because of their equipment, but because of their skill.
Nor am I attempting to downplay just how good they are, simply that I'd like it if they competed with equipment that would be more in line with routine equipment, rather than specialized gear that, truthfully, most will never be able to afford.
I think that's one reason why I prefer Top Shot over 3GN. Yeah, they use some equipment that the majority of us will never see, but they typically use equipment that is fairly common.
I'd love to see a contest with standard equipment and show them taking self defense courses. That would be interesting and educational.