Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > Reloading Question for competition loads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default Reloading Question for competition loads.

I started a thread in the Reloading section, but reader over here might
have some input also.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/ar-15-target-competition-loads-62587/#post771754

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Read the other thread and it sounds to me like you don`t need the most accurate ammo. My only compative centerfire shooting is off hand at the local club. You really only need ammo that is more accurate than you are. I bought 2000 cheap bullets to try and hopefully use for coyote hunting. I loaded 5 rounds with a middle of the road load and they came in at abt. .600 at 100 yrds. That is far better than I can shoot off handed at 100 yrds. so I never changed that load. I also hsve have bench rifles and long range rifles and I never stop looking for loads that are more accurate. I have 1 rifle that I shot a 2 in. group at 600 yrds., and I`m looking for better, but for off handed AR I need no where closet to that. Just my thoughts.

Catfish
Ohio

Old 04-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

True, but errors can additive at times; so I would like to eliminate
as much variation as possible.

Thanks for the input.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy