Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > recoilless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Recoilless

I think what you mean is reduced recoile, everything has a bit of recoil.
As Flint Rock explained to you those are the advantages of reduced recoile.
I know to some of the more seasoned members this question seem about half retarded, but to someone that dosen't have a clue, and obviousley this member dosen't, this is why we are here, to help and inform! if we send everyone to the all knowing Google God there isn't realy much use for this forum, I know it's aggrevating at times just remember somebody took the time to explain it to you some where a long the line.

If you run your just going to die tired!!!

Old 07-15-2008, 12:10 PM   #12

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Ever firearm has to have some kind of recoil. My grandfather figured this out the hard way. He had 2 rifles built on Remington rolling block actions one a 219 Zipper and one a 218 Bee. These are the time were brand new or still in the wild cat stages of their life. The rifles had 1.5" heavy barrels no taper nothing a straight 1.5" at 28" long. Due to the weight of the barrel and optics he had installed on them (20x Unertl) these rifles both of them had zero recoil. The rifles would not shoot a group smaller than 4" at 100 yards no matter what powder bullet primer anything nothing would shoot under 4" at 100 yards. He then had a 219 zipper made with a much lighter barrel on a bolt action gun that would blow the doors off anything on the firing line at that time.

So zero recoil in my view would affect accuracy in a negative way.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:09 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Accuracy has absolutely NOTHING to do with recoil unless you are in rapid-fire competition, and then accuracy is only a function of how accurately you can acquire the same aiming point after recoil has disturbed it.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #14

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Accuracy has absolutely NOTHING to do with recoil unless you are in rapid-fire competition, and then accuracy is only a function of how accurately you can acquire the same aiming point after recoil has disturbed it.
I will take the word of my grandfather on this one. That man had more custom built rifles in his gun cabinet than anyone I have ever seen.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:54 PM   #15

Johnnyfive

to give you a serious answer, Yes recoiless is great for competition but it will put you in the Open division and the only way to get no recoil is with a compensator, comp guns cost alot I have 2 and have $2500 in each one depending if you know someone to build one or you build one I dont recommend that for you. A person can buy one from STI or SVI for $3000, but you could buy one with a comp out of the box with regular sites but you would not be able to compete open guns have very light triggers and optics, custom barells lighten slides, and they make alot of noise. Go to USPSA.com and watch the video that will show you the guns used