Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > Range flag standards?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1617 Times on 845 Posts
Likes Given: 1305

Default Range flag standards?

We have a 17 knot windsock at our little airport. That means at half extension, we know the wind is 8-9 knots. I’ve seen a few random lengths of surveyors tape stapled to stakes at my range, nothing uniform. There are all kinds of fancy range flags, vanes and pinwheels displayed on line. Nothing stating what wind speeds they indicate or extend at, at least nothing I could find.

ARE there any range flag standards? Nothing came up on the search.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

If we had range flags, vanes, and pinwheels at the range I shoot it, someone would steal them before the day was done.