Pin shoot video
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > Pin shoot video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Default Pin shoot video

My passion is pin shoots, love them and they're the most fun I've had with a handgun. Found a video of one of the shoots at my home range (before I moved down from Marietta). At that time they were using cinder blocks to support the plywood table tops and it wasn't a real good idea. We now use old tires as is shown in my avatar.

When this video was shot last summer, many folks were using 9mm guns. My avatar was shot during the match in Dec 08, which I won with my Kimber Gold Match. Since then, about 80% of the shooters have "graduated" to 1911s...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Looks like a good time. How long do the pins last?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Looks like a good time. How long do the pins last?
We generally get 2-3 events from them. We also hold rimfire matches and these only use the top 8 inches or so of the pins - so we get good life out of them...

Last edited by NGIB; 09-10-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:30 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

That does look like it would be fun. I was going to ask the same about how long the pins last. I will do some recon to see if anything like that is offered around here. I sure would hate to be the pin boy for resets, though.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Really good video.

I haven't done that in FOREVA but that video brings back all the joy, and then the "Oh Crap" when you hit one and it tips on it's side and just sits right down on you.

Bowling Pin shoots are really great fun. I haven't competed as a grown up though, just a youngster shooting for fun against other sons of shooters.

I want to do that again, that brings back some really good memories.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #6

We generally get our pins from the Ft Stewart bowling alley for free. We have had to buy some before, about a buck a pin IIRC. Our next match is Sep 21st and I'm trying to get my wife to record it with the new digital camcorder I got her for Mom's day.

Besides being huge fun, it's also great training for accurate quick reaction shooting. Going head-to-head adds to the experience as well...

Old 09-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #7

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
We generally get our pins from the Ft Stewart bowling alley for free. We have had to buy some before, about a buck a pin IIRC. Our next match is Sep 21st and I'm trying to get my wife to record it with the new digital camcorder I got her for Mom's day.

Besides being huge fun, it's also great training for accurate quick reaction shooting. Going head-to-head adds to the experience as well...
Looks like a blast. I have to try to find some competition shooting here in Texas.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #8

Looking forward to the match this evening after work. Wife can't make it for this one so I hope somebody else brings a recording device. Haven't shot one since June - so it should be interesting...

Old 09-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #9

I've only been to one pin match, it was about 50% 1911s and cowboy revolvers with a few glocks, magnum revolvers and .22s thrown in to balance eveything out.
Funny thing, a kid with a Ruger .22 won the match!
They handy cap the .22s at the back edge of the table so they'll fall off easily, and put the center fire pins up at the front of the table so they're harder to knock off.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

That does look fun!