Ordered my new rifle yesterday
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > Ordered my new rifle yesterday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Ordered my new rifle yesterday

Well guys I am really stoked!!

Glass gave me the ok to order my rifle for Cowboy Action Shooting and I immediately went to my FFL before she changed her mind and ordered a Chaparral Arms 24” octagonal barrel, case hardened receiver 1873 lever action in 357. It should be here in a week or two and I must keep reminding myself to be patient. My shotgun should be back from the gunsmith in the next few weeks and all I have to do is be patient for Glass to finish my rig and I’ll be ready to go full bore to some serious matches. As I said…. I am really stoked!!.

Scubie

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Congrats!!!!!

I know the feeling of waiting to receive the prize you have ordered. Sounds like a beauty. I will pull up their website and take a look at the rifle. "just to drool!!!"
Good Luck on your cow boy competition. Looks like it would be a blast but I already have too many hunting and shooting vices!!!!!

Old 11-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #3

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Nice...Christmas comes early to the Scubie household. So be honest now, what did that rifle really cost you? What will Glass be posting about in HER thread?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Scubie, what are you having smithed on your shotty?

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
Scubie, what are you having smithed on your shotty?
Yeah. What he said...

Congrats on the rifle.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-21-2010, 06:33 PM   #6

I sent my 1887 lever action shotgun to a gunsmith who specializes in CAS work and am having a action job with Damascus polishing and a special CAS plug that limits the gun to two shots but can be removed if you want to use the magazine later. He is also modifying the ejector to eject the last round after shooting. The standard 1887 will not eject the last fired round because it utilizes the next round to kick the fired round out. When I get her back she will be a “number 1, high speed, low drag, screaming” speed demon competition gun.

Scubie

Old 11-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Very cool.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #8

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Congrats Scubie! YIPPY-KI-YAY!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 11-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

Are you two looking to adopt?

Old 11-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #10

Whooot!!! Just heard from my FFL and he said my rifle should be here on Wednesday.