Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > My Steel Challenge setup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 314 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Default My Steel Challenge setup

After scrounging at work this is my 2/3 scale Steel Challenge setup. I am 2 12"x16" plates short of being able to setup all 8 stages. The steel came from an old welding table that was going in the recycling bin. It is A36 3/8" and cut into 6.75", 8" circles and 2 12"x36" rectangles.

The posts are oak 3"x4" and notched to a 10 degree angle. The buckets are excess from work and I filled them half way with gravel. Put concrete on top to secure the posts. So far my total monetary output for this is two bags of concrete and a couple cans of spray paint.

I plan to practice at the proper distances and spacing. Should make a real Steel Challenge setup at a match look huge. Sorry about the light but I snapped the pic in my garage. They'll be on the way to my property tomorrow.

image.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here