Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > M1 Carbine?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default M1 Carbine?

I'm an experienced SASS shooter, but I'm looking for an opportunity to play with some other guns that I've got. What I'm curious about is the rifle element of 3-gun. It seems that most people I see in pics and vids are using either black guns, or the occasional AK. I don't have either one of those, and was contemplating using an M1 Carbine. There are 30-rd mags available for it, and it's light and handy. Is there any reason that such a critter wouldn't work?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2007, 01:48 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default m1 cARBINE

Hello CAT/ALL

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

NO, I think you got it right? If you use the M-1 Carbine within the limits of the Range it's intended, (Under 200 Yards) I see no reason why you could not use it in the Carbine position of the 3 gun Set! I've seen folks use a lot less compatable things Like a Hakim and SVT-40, so why should carbine M-1 not work?

Old 06-28-2007, 04:07 AM   #3

I regularly compete with a fellow that uses an M-1 Carbine for 3-gun, he does pretty darn well too! He usually has to take a few extra shots at a 6" plates at 200-meters but he's wicked fast on the up close stuff.

Ed

Old 09-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #4

I have see someone shoot a 3 gun with a 9mm MP5 clone, and did very well at it. As long as you are comfortable shooting the M1 than go for it. Pratice reloading the rifle on the fly, the AR platform shines in the reloading speed catagory, due to the layout of the mag release bolt release.

"They say you can't use a rifle or shotgun indoors because a bad guy will grab the barrel. Yeah? Well, he better hang on, 'cause I'm gonna light him up and it will definitely be an "E" ticket ride."
"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but hes gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty."
Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch