Like to start comp shooting! question is HOW? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > Like to start comp shooting! question is HOW?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 05:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdoc View Post
Last Crow, UnderFire, SGT Calle
thank you so much for the Infomation. I will help me get on the way. Sorry to bug you all I'm full of question. what is a good tartget to shoot, type of ammo. Hearing protection. Things like that.. or a good place to buy those things so I can practices
You're not buggin' me...that's how we learn.
I assume your question about which targets, ammo & hearing protection is for practice since the organizer of the competition will dictate which ammo & targets to be used.
1st Hearing Protection- it's all personal preference...I like muffs. If you decide on muffs don't go cheap we're talking about your ears here. Look for the highest decibel protection rating.
2nd Practice Targets- I like the "Shoot-N-C" for practice. They allow maximum visibility; bullet holes are revealed with bright chartreuse rings.
Targets have repair pasters to cover bullet holes & extend target life.

Invest in a good pair of binoculars to see your shots down range.

3rd Ammo- I assume your AR15/M4 is chambered in .223. Hopefully there's a Wal*Mart close by that you can get the value packs of .223 by Federal. A box of 100 rounds for roughly 40 bucks more or less depending on where you live.

Once you get more involved in the sport you may want to practice with Match Grade ammo. Match Grade ammo helps with accuracy. Eventually you'll want to reload yourself and make your own competition loads. I have a neighbor that reloads competition ammo for my long range rifle for better accuracy.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #12

i live 45 miles south of watertown i can help give me a call dan 335 1798

Old 08-02-2010, 04:14 AM   #13

Here is a list of some shooting matches.

https://www.nrahq.org/compete/calendar.asp

Check the State Championship list for your state.