IDPA Question

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > IDPA Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 06:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default IDPA Question

What division would it end up in? I was thinking ESP, but one the list of excluded modifications are "Full length dust covers of carbon or stainless steel."

Now, the CA-97B has a full length dust cover, but it's not a modification-every -97B comes from the factory that way. So would it be excluded?

I think it might also qualify for CDP if it makes weight, as long as you download the mags to 8 rounds. Two different sources give two different weights for the 97B. The CZ-USA sight says 2.4 lbs, which translates to 38.5 oz or so, just under 39. world.guns.ru says 1150g, or 40.56 oz, just under the 41 oz cutoff for CDP. And I'm not sure if those numbers are with an empty mag or not.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here