I shot IDPA today and pulled of the amazing.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > I shot IDPA today and pulled of the amazing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1839 Times on 1025 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

Default I shot IDPA today and pulled of the amazing.

I missed the last two months of shooting because 1 I was working. The other was cancelled for bad weather. So, I was really looking forward to shooting today. My 1911 was runing like a champ. I couldnot believe how good my times were. Most of my targets were either clean or 1 or 2 down. But the best part was when a stage malfunctioned. They had set up a stage where you had to shoot 2 close up targets and then move to a baracade. We had to shoot targets about 12 yards away. We had to use our left hand only. I am left handed. I was fine with that. But then we moved to another baracade and shoot with only our right hand. But the targets were like 20 yards away. The final shot was supposed to be a swinging target. But it would not work. So they decided that everyone would simply shoot two head shots on the target while it was standing still. And it was parially obscured by a plastic barrel. I said to the SO, so I have to make two head shots at 20 yards with my weak hand? He said wow that sucks. We both laughed. I said" Hell I will even go first." I was sure I was going to miss those shots. I was blazing through figuring I was going to get a terrible score anyway. When we went up to score the targets I had put to 45 cal nostrils in that target. The SO called me a smart a$$. But he was joking. That must have been the best stage of shooting in my life. I looked at the so and said, "Bring it!". He got points down on both of his weak hand targets. LOL. What an awesome day!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Last edited by Rick1967; 03-02-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1538

Congratulations on a job well done!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #3

Liked 1839 Times on 1025 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

Thanks. I cant wait to see the final scores. I am usually right in the middle. I am betting I did a lot better this time. There are some really good shooters in the club I am in.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.