Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > how much ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 03:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default how much ammo

how much ammo do i need for 1 day of competition shooting

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-07-2011, 03:36 AM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911beast View Post
how much ammo do i need for 1 day of competition shooting
What type of shooting? how many courses of fire? How many classes are you shooting? Different courses and classes have different point systems and different round requirements. Also, how well do you shoot, will you hit the target with every shoot or is there a miss factor to add in?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2645 Times on 1541 Posts
Likes Given: 1173

Each competition has a set number based on courses of fire. IDPA and USPSA normally state in their flyers how many (and you have to add some for misses).

Ask someone going to the next meet.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 09-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Some clubs/ranges with websites will post a notice with each match stating approximately how many rounds you should bring.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 09-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2589 Times on 1361 Posts
Likes Given: 200

Local matches in IPSC/USPSA will generally have a round count of under 150. IDPA less than that.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 09-08-2011, 12:54 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2645 Times on 1541 Posts
Likes Given: 1173

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Local matches in IPSC/USPSA will generally have a round count of under 150. IDPA less than that.
That is why I quit competition. Not enough rounds.

Seriously, I've been to only a couple that required more than 500 rounds and those were International matches.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 09-08-2011, 05:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
That is why I quit competition. Not enough rounds.
When I shot my first IDPA match, I thought the same thing. What they should do is REQUIRE you to make a certain number of shots inside the scoring zones instead of you just shooting til you think you got it. I bet there would be alot more shooting...at least on my part. HEHE!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005