Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > how many compete in skeet or trap?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydewar View Post
ready your pic tells us what part of you to talk to. if you want to be taken seriously re think your presention
I said meaningful, and intresting, not serious - i get enough of that at work.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 01-06-2013, 01:34 AM   #22

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

I think her presentation looks great. Ready I agree with what your T short says.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:42 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydewar

and yes i am an old fart
You're not an old fart. There's nothing like a being a lady. It makes me smile thinking about how my Grandma used to dress all the time. Women just don't do that anymore. I love looking at old pictures and seeing how classy people used to look. That's one of the reasons I'd love uniforms at school. I think when the kids are dressed professionally, they work harder.

They have Trap at a Club we're members at and we are definitely going to get out there and check it out. However shooting skeet at my cousin's farm, I need work!

Last edited by Zombiegirl; 01-06-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:58 AM   #24

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydewar View Post
that 425 still for sale? good price if i were closer i would be interested just need to see the stock damage in person
It is still for sale. I could probably take some more and higher quality pictures of it.

It's really just the one cluster on the diamond shape right behind the receiver and a couple really shallow ones scattered around the left side of the butt

Old 01-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 641 Times on 505 Posts

save your pennies zombie and aim that car towards mo. some day! you cant beat free instruction. love to have ya and the family.
and we all dress like gentlemen here too.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 02-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Howdy Bob .I've been around the skeet world for a while and i have read about your Shooting if memory is right didnt you live down VA Beach area years ago ? Anyway Ive banged a few 98's in skeet and highest trap was 75 straight .I held a good strong B average in NSSA . I started shooting skeet years ago and had a accident which left me in a w/c this game gave me goals to achieve and that was to shoot as well is i did before my accident .
I shot skeet for about 17 years before stopping and i have switched over to extreme long range rifle shooting.

Jim

get-attachment-2-.jpg  

Old 02-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 641 Times on 505 Posts

did we ever shoot together?

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 02-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Bobski , not that i knew of but i'm sure we know some of the same folks I'm from the Richmond area . At one time I belonged to Fort Lee then a couple of Private clubs on the outskirts of Richmond . I enjoyed skeet for many years great game .

Jim

Old 02-17-2013, 02:22 AM   #29
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 896 Times on 533 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhoghunter View Post
Howdy Bob .I've been around the skeet world for a while and i have read about your Shooting if memory is right didnt you live down VA Beach area years ago ? Anyway Ive banged a few 98's in skeet and highest trap was 75 straight .I held a good strong B average in NSSA . I started shooting skeet years ago and had a accident which left me in a w/c this game gave me goals to achieve and that was to shoot as well is i did before my accident .
I shot skeet for about 17 years before stopping and i have switched over to extreme long range rifle shooting.

Jim
In 1984 I bought a brand new pontiac fiero ( yes I was very young and not always as very bright). Before the deal was made I measured the trunk to make sure my trap gun case would fit. I was shooting 2-3 times a week then.

I shot in a league at a local club back then with a guy in a wheel chair. He was always good for at least 20 and often 23-24. He could walk because I would see him get out of his car and walk to the trunk to get his chair out and unload his gear.

I got nosey and asked him one night about this, turns out he made it out of 2 tours in Viet Nam in one piece only to lose his leg in a car accident 6 months later. He was a teacher at a special needs school and after being on his artificial leg all day he was just in too much pain to walk around all night too. He said his choice was to sit home and be in pain or come to the range and be in pain and have some fun.

I learned a little about shooting and a whole lot about living from that guy. There were times when he was obviously an a lot of pain from a long day at school but I never once saw him without a smile and a helpful suggestion or just a little encouragement for us new guys.

This is was 25+ years ago so now it is up to the guys my age to be the example for the next generation. I try to remember that what I do far outweighs what I say to the youngsters watching. I wish I was 1/3 the example he was.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:44 AM   #30

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

F4U well said we can all learn from one another . Thanks for your write. Sometimes its not the size but the fight in the dog that counts.