Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > a good gun for 3 fun competition

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 26,846
Liked 19568 Times on 11107 Posts
Likes Given: 49270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Whats the diffrence between the two
Sig, i have no idea what the difference is between them. i don't shoot competition. YOU, need to do some research. go to some competitions and learn. by learning, i mean watching and listening. forget about what you think you know and watch and learn. if you take the same approach with others in person, that you have shown here on the forum when others have tried to school you on what to do, what to use or what to build. i fear that many will not waste time trying to teach you anything. i'm sorry but you strike me as being to young and impatient at this stage of your life to learn from others. maybe when you have more maturity about you, learn to listen and be patient you might be teachable. until such time, most people are going to see trying to teach you as a waste of their time and energy.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Resist all Tyranny and Oppression.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #22
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 16,928
Liked 5119 Times on 2665 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
I have a colt xse but i want a pistol that is perfect for 3 gun competition. Should i sell my xse and buy a gold cup, or will the xse do me justice
this is a little older post. im not a 3gun competitor but i DO know that as a beginer the LAST thing you should do is go out and buy new guns just to compete with if you already own a pistol rifle shotgun!!

go compete and practice with what you have for a year first. when that time is over you will know from experience using your guns and gear and talking to others and seeing what others are doing where you need to go and be be able to make choices based on your informed preferences.

anyone can tell you what to get, but then you will have a lot of gear that fits someone else!!
__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSCRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Marcos,TX
Posts: 173
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Whats the diffrence between the two
There are far more then 2 divisions. You need to do some research instead of asking for everything to be spelled out to you. Stop buying gear, use what you have, and hit the freakin' range.

www.uspsa.org
www.idpa.com

Both have the rules books for free download. Read them, understand them, and figure out what you want to do.
__________________
SSCRS is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,626
Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

this is a little older post. im not a 3gun competitor but i DO know that as a beginer the LAST thing you should do is go out and buy new guns just to compete with if you already own a pistol rifle shotgun!!

go compete and practice with what you have for a year first. when that time is over you will know from experience using your guns and gear and talking to others and seeing what others are doing where you need to go and be be able to make choices based on your informed preferences.

anyone can tell you what to get, but then you will have a lot of gear that fits someone else!!
Yea ive been doing that, got a trainer. Pretty good one too, he knows his stuff. Im in no rush to join comp. Hell i dont even have my shotgun back yet, i will in another week or so.
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,626
Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Sig, i have no idea what the difference is between them. i don't shoot competition. YOU, need to do some research. go to some competitions and learn. by learning, i mean watching and listening. forget about what you think you know and watch and learn. if you take the same approach with others in person, that you have shown here on the forum when others have tried to school you on what to do, what to use or what to build. i fear that many will not waste time trying to teach you anything. i'm sorry but you strike me as being to young and impatient at this stage of your life to learn from others. maybe when you have more maturity about you, learn to listen and be patient you might be teachable. until such time, most people are going to see trying to teach you as a waste of their time and energy.
I have adhd and its very hard to be patient but im learning. Has nothibg to do woth immaturity just stubborn
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willfully armed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Olathe,JOCO KS
Posts: 1,998
Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Yea ive been doing that, got a trainer. Pretty good one too, he knows his stuff. Im in no rush to join comp. Hell i dont even have my shotgun back yet, i will in another week or so.
Ill give you one chance.

List your equipment and post some links to video.
__________________

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

willfully armed is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSCRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Marcos,TX
Posts: 173
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
I have adhd and its very hard to be patient but im learning. Has nothibg to do woth immaturity just stubborn
No, it has to do with buying into bull**** diagnoses and living with it as an excuse. Stop wasting peoples time on this forum already. Your inability to understand even the most basic ideas of competition, combined with your unwillingness to do any research on your own is just amazing.
__________________
SSCRS is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #28
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 26,846
Liked 19568 Times on 11107 Posts
Likes Given: 49270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
I have adhd and its very hard to be patient but im learning. Has nothibg to do woth immaturity just stubborn
you think you are the only one with ADHD? they have drugs to help with that. go see a doctor and get some meds. truoble i see is yoy aren't learning. how many times have you asked for suggestions or advice and then just went off in another direction and then came back here on the forum because your way didn't work? how many times have you asked what to get and then totally disregarded what was advised?

stubborn is making your own decisions and sticking to it regardless of what others think. immaturity is asking for advice and going your own direction because you either think you know more or are impatient.

i'll ask you this question and it's something for you to give some serious thought to. you said your girlfriend was having your baby, well what preparations have you made in getting ready for it's arrival? being mature and responsible means putting someone else's needs ahead of yours. how much time are you going to devote to training for some competitions and how much will you devote to your baby? training, competition and equipment to do so cost time and money, so how much money are you going to be able to spend on these fancy guns and equipment and how much are you going to spend on your baby? being a grown-up and responsible means you may have to put your hobbies and fun on hold for awhile. so far in most of your posts on most threads, i don't see stubborn i see an immature kid, who does not one idea of what his priorities should be.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Resist all Tyranny and Oppression.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:03 AM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,626
Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

you think you are the only one with ADHD? they have drugs to help with that. go see a doctor and get some meds. truoble i see is yoy aren't learning. how many times have you asked for suggestions or advice and then just went off in another direction and then came back here on the forum because your way didn't work? how many times have you asked what to get and then totally disregarded what was advised?

stubborn is making your own decisions and sticking to it regardless of what others think. immaturity is asking for advice and going your own direction because you either think you know more or are impatient.

i'll ask you this question and it's something for you to give some serious thought to. you said your girlfriend was having your baby, well what preparations have you made in getting ready for it's arrival? being mature and responsible means putting someone else's needs ahead of yours. how much time are you going to devote to training for some competitions and how much will you devote to your baby? training, competition and equipment to do so cost time and money, so how much money are you going to be able to spend on these fancy guns and equipment and how much are you going to spend on your baby? being a grown-up and responsible means you may have to put your hobbies and fun on hold for awhile. so far in most of your posts on most threads, i don't see stubborn i see an immature kid, who does not one idea of what his priorities should be.
I have put the whole comp thing on the back burner for now, i havent went to the range in a month and i havent bought any guns or ammo. Ive been saving up. **** im afraid to spend any money now. I really want to train but im waiting. i set a goal to save a certain amount and once i reach it ill treat myself and set a higher goal and so on and so on. I do use the advise given to me.
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:33 AM   #30
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 26,846
Liked 19568 Times on 11107 Posts
Likes Given: 49270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
I have put the whole comp thing on the back burner for now, i havent went to the range in a month and i havent bought any guns or ammo. Ive been saving up. **** im afraid to spend any money now. I really want to train but im waiting. i set a goal to save a certain amount and once i reach it ill treat myself and set a higher goal and so on and so on. I do use the advise given to me.
Sig, see what i mean? nothing in my post seems to have made a point to you. nothing. did you fail to even read the last paragraph? seems to me you didn't. i sure hope the mother of your child has more sense than you, because you have a child on the way, and all you can think about is you and what you want. selfish and immature. sorry bub, but IMO, you just a waste of my time. enjoy your life.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Resist all Tyranny and Oppression.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
RCBS competition dies good or bad bigdaddy573 Ammunition & Reloading 23 04-21-2012 11:29 PM
xdm 5.25 competition nccinstaller Semi-Auto Handguns 1 11-21-2011 01:21 AM
Competition jonesy Glock Forum 5 08-26-2011 02:27 PM
.22 for Competition? PTsouthpaw .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 4 09-08-2009 12:42 PM
Competition Gun Dude Competition Shooting 6 10-06-2007 07:06 PM