a good gun for 3 fun competition - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > a good gun for 3 fun competition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 05:22 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCRS

Ok bud, you should just talk to your "Master" then about guns. He obviously is a far better resource.
Well yea, i posted this before i talked to him. I like to ask alot of diffrent people the same question to see what over rules. Yes, i think thats damn good and im npt too sure i could change nuch to go faster

Old 06-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #12

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
I have a trainer that was #1 in the region, hes a master. Hes taught me alot just in one session, i plan on doing some more training and start off in a club and move up. From one session i learned new techniques to reload, aim, repistion, even a new way to grip my gun. I went from shooting 2 mags of 6 shots at 10 seconds down to 3seconds and had better aim
Same guy who gave you advise on an AR?
Old 06-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #13

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
I have a trainer that was #1 in the region, hes a master. Hes taught me alot just in one session, i plan on doing some more training and start off in a club and move up. From one session i learned new techniques to reload, aim, repistion, even a new way to grip my gun. I went from shooting 2 mags of 6 shots at 10 seconds down to 3seconds and had better aim
I'm calling BS on this. I don't have to explain why.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

People Like This 
Old 06-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21304 Times on 12086 Posts
Likes Given: 53071

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
Same guy who gave you advise on an AR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
guys, i have to think he is just too young and new to guns, and coupled with his impatience, that any useful advise will be taken by him. he strikes me as one who thinks buying the latest and best will make him into a winner without the time spent in practice or the commitment or sacrifice that others have made to be winners. my feelings are that until he grows up some and matures about taking advise and learning some patience, any advise we give will be nothing more than a waste of our time and energy in trying to help him out.

Sig, you need to learn to listen and learn some patience. seems as anything you ask a question about, you already have your mind made up, or are taking some "masters" advice. frankly, IMO, until you learn to listen, i highly doubt you will ever win any competition except by luck, rather than skill.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed

Can we post video on here, i mean i could show

Old 06-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #16

Quote:
Can we post video on here, i mean i could show
Sig, you can post most anything you want to, but i hate to say this, but i will. you are slowly losing any credibility you had with these guys. they try to tell you something, but you either don't listen or have already made your mind up on the course of action you are going to take. i don't know if you have a problem understanding and comprehending what is being said to you, or if you are just young and thickheaded. until you learn to grow up and listen to advice given to you, anything we have to say to you would be a waste of time. there are plenty of noobs and beginners who are willing to listen to advice and want to learn, that we just are not going to waste our time in trying to school you, who doesn't listen.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #17

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I have a fast draw from holster, one shot to a zero at 5 yards. 0.80

Assuming you have a fast split time ..... Lets say 0.18. Times 10.... 1.80 seconds, plus the draw.... 2.69 seconds.

You're telling me you're reloading and returning to battery in 0.40 seconds or faster.

Hence the BS flag is flying. I'm an IDPA expert in SSP/ESP. Missed esp master by 3 seconds at my last classifier. I'm fairly versed in the topic.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 06-18-2012, 02:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed
I have a fast draw from holster, one shot to a zero at 5 yards. 0.80

Assuming you have a fast split time ..... Lets say 0.18. Times 10.... 1.80 seconds, plus the draw.... 2.69 seconds.

You're telling me you're reloading and returning to battery in 0.40 seconds or faster.

Hence the BS flag is flying. I'm an IDPA expert in SSP/ESP. Missed esp master by 3 seconds at my last classifier. I'm fairly versed in the topic.
I could be wrong on my time but im pretty sure it was close to what i said when i get my videos ill see. It really has to do with the strategy my trainer taught me. When reloading i flip release and reposition as im reloadi.g qith the other hand and slide that hand back into place ad im taking the slack out of the trigger to shoot. The whole processe is very fast. My trainer taught me its not about shooting fast its avout doing everythinv else fast

Old 06-18-2012, 02:29 AM   #19

Quote:
I could be wrong on my time but im pretty sure it was close to what i said when i get my videos ill see. It really has to do with the strategy my trainer taught me. When reloading i flip release and reposition as im reloadi.g qith the other hand and slide that hand back into place ad im taking the slack out of the trigger to shoot. The whole processe is very fast. My trainer taught me its not about shooting fast its avout doing everythinv else fast
how long have you been shooting Sig? i have been shooting pistols for over 40 years, and i am a pretty decent shooter. i wouldn't shoot against Willfully with the times he has, not in competition! IMO, you need to pull your head out of the clouds and take a deep breath of reality. but as i said before, i fear you're losing credibility fast here on this forum. it takes years and years of practice to get good, and you claim to have attained that in a few months? well i call things like i see them, and as Willfully put it, BS!

Old 07-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

then find out what division you want to shoot in, find out what the top performers are using, then get one and practice with it.
Whats the diffrence between the two