Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Competition Shooting (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   a good gun for 3 fun competition (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f48/good-gun-3-fun-competition-65899/)

Ultimate_sig 06-06-2012 07:22 AM

a good gun for 3 fun competition

I have a colt xse but i want a pistol that is perfect for 3 gun competition. Should i sell my xse and buy a gold cup, or will the xse do me justice

MikeJK 06-11-2012 05:40 AM

Glock 34 or 5" M&P9L or Pro w/ APEX trigger kit.

Bidah 06-13-2012 06:07 PM

What you did not state is what division you are looking to compete in. You also need to state what your intentions are (win, compete, be competitive). The XSE would be perfect for Heavy Metal, just add some 10 round magazines.

If you are going to shoot minor caliber, then the most common is 9mm. I usually see the Glock 34, M&P 9L or Pro, XDm Competition, CZ 75B, CZ SP01. In this division you should also look to get magazine extensions to get you up to 22 or 23 rounds.

That was just the pistol :D

SSCRS 06-15-2012 12:36 AM

I'd only shoot 1911 if I was shooting in Heavy Metal, and even then I use my XD.

Ultimate_sig 06-15-2012 01:31 AM

I want to win, i dont know the division

Axxe55 06-15-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig (Post 836723)

then find out what division you want to shoot in, find out what the top performers are using, then get one and practice with it.

SSCRS 06-15-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig (Post 836723)

No offense, but I doubt you will be winning for quite a while. I just started about a year ago in 3 gun, and I can't come close to some of these guys even at a club level match. 3-gun is very equipment driven, and you need to know what is allowed in your division.

I would really consider starting out in USPSA or IDPA to get a feel for it, then move on to three gun once you start getting the game.

Ultimate_sig 06-15-2012 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSCRS

No offense, but I doubt you will be winning for quite a while. I just started about a year ago in 3 gun, and I can't come close to some of these guys even at a club level match. 3-gun is very equipment driven, and you need to know what is allowed in your division.

I would really consider starting out in USPSA or IDPA to get a feel for it, then move on to three gun once you start getting the game.

I have a trainer that was #1 in the region, hes a master. Hes taught me alot just in one session, i plan on doing some more training and start off in a club and move up. From one session i learned new techniques to reload, aim, repistion, even a new way to grip my gun. I went from shooting 2 mags of 6 shots at 10 seconds down to 3seconds and had better aim

Rick1967 06-15-2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig (Post 836787)
I have a trainer that was #1 in the region, hes a master. Hes taught me alot just in one session, i plan on doing some more training and start off in a club and move up. From one session i learned new techniques to reload, aim, repistion, even a new way to grip my gun. I went from shooting 2 mags of 6 shots at 10 seconds down to 3seconds and had better aim

Perhaps I misunderstood. Are you saying that you fired 12 rounds in 3 seconds with a mag change in the middle?

SSCRS 06-15-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig (Post 836787)

Ok bud, you should just talk to your "Master" then about guns. He obviously is a far better resource.