disqualifications - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting >

disqualifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Rock View Post
I have seen someone asked to leave a match for being a rude, loud mouthed, jerk .
All that stuff is rare though.
Man, I wish that would happen at IDPA, Cowboy and other pistol matches around here!

I don't shoot these anymore due to one individual who knows everything and if he shoots a stage wrong then that is the way that it is supposed to be, not the way that he explained it.
This guy is such an ass that some of the SASS shoots around here actually have posse's that exclude him.

People like him take the fun out of being at a shoot. To make it worse he is a gamer.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #12

In USPSA we have a Area Director, find who is top man or women for your area and report how he acts or call IDPA main office, call Bill Wilson he invented IDPA I would think he is in charge.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #13

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984cj View Post
Man, I wish that would happen at IDPA, Cowboy and other pistol matches around here!

I don't shoot these anymore due to one individual who knows everything and if he shoots a stage wrong then that is the way that it is supposed to be, not the way that he explained it.
This guy is such an ass that some of the SASS shoots around here actually have posse's that exclude him.

People like him take the fun out of being at a shoot. To make it worse he is a gamer.
There are parrallels here with other organized shooting sports. Registered trap, sporting clays etc. There are people who cannot have fun, they are ultra competitive and sometimes that "attitude" spews out.

The fine folks who volunteer thier time to officiate and administrate these events are torn between being tolerant enough as to not alienate shooters, and strict enough to insure a smooth, safe, fun event.

It's a fine line IMHO. The main issue revolving around DQ's in pistol matches seems to fall into the "gray" area. The safety violations are cut and dried. There should be no argument from a shooter who commits a violation an is respectfully asked to withdraw from the event.

Obnoxious behavior is a judgement call, and for the above reason, it is very difficult to manage a DQ for that reason.

I always try to remember when encountering issues like this, "I am here to relax and have some fun". Getting pissed off on a Saturday because of anothers issue would definitely not be a good thing for me.

Just try to work around it. It seems like every time we try to organize, we have discontent. Human nature I suppose?

regards

Steve

Old 03-27-2009, 06:06 AM   #14

Trap shoots stipulate that you don't talk on the "apron" unless absolutely necessary and appropriate. It's like yammering while someone is trying to putt.

Newest Threads