disqualifications
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting >

disqualifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default disqualifications

What are some ways to get disqualified out of a shooting competition besides doing idiotic dangerous things?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-23-2008, 12:43 AM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 11006 Times on 4766 Posts
Likes Given: 1810

Idiotic dangerous things would be high on the immediate removal list. failing to follow range officer's instructions would be one. But it could also be fairly benign- like shooting someone else's target. Whoops!

Old 05-23-2008, 02:02 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Your ammo could get you DQ'ed if it didn't make the power floor, and your gun could get you sent home if it had modifications that were not allowed (see your rule book for a detailed list of what is allowed and what isn't).
That idea about drinking a cold beer - that will get you sent home too .
I have seen someone asked to leave a match for being a rude, loud mouthed, jerk .
All that stuff is rare though.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3586 Times on 1841 Posts
Likes Given: 400

Most DQ's I have seen in IPSC are for safety violations. None were intentional. All were inadvertinant. Subtle slips involving "Breaking the 180" (letting the muzzle point behind the imaginary 180 degree line) is the most common but still rare. One range does not allow multiple hits on falling steel out of fear of bullets leaving the range (ricocheting off the steel while it is falling). In larger, sanctioned matches have mandatory chrographing of ammo to insure the minimum power level. Some have been DQ'd for having ammo that was loaded "too light".

I have DQ'd LE shooters on the line for qualifications for handling firearms when not told to do so, shooting the ground between the shooter and the target and general cranio-rectosis.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:16 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Idiotic dangerous things would be high on the immediate removal list. failing to follow range officer's instructions would be one. But it could also be fairly benign- like shooting someone else's target. Whoops!

YEars ago my brother shot someone else's target by mistake at the Camp Perry Service Rifle Comp. He gave that guy a 10-ring hit, and that guy had the option of using it on HIS score!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #6

it's not if you'll crossfire in highpower it's when ...

Old 09-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #7

I have seen shooters DQ'ed for shooting over the berm at a few matches. I have also seen a shooter kicked out for failing to secure a firearm before leaving the arm, a 3 gun match and never safetied his rifle before going to handgun. Breaking 180 got me a warning, I was loading a shotgun and had it upright loading shells, The gun was skyward but pointing back a few degrees. My brother in law got kicked out of some type of sporting clays match because he talked at the firing station.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:23 PM   #8
J_B

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I quit shooting our local IDPA matches because a long time member had disconnected his trigger safety on his Glock and they refused to DQ him.

You get tired of the gamers.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_B View Post
I quit shooting our local IDPA matches because a long time member had disconnected his trigger safety on his Glock and they refused to DQ him.

You get tired of the gamers.
Don't stop shooting IDPA for that reason, just go somewhere else.

If that shooter shows up, notify the RO and he will DQ him.

Notify IDPA HQ also, because if the club is holding a sanctioned match, feces could fly.

I hate gamers too.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:11 AM   #10

I have never in any Regional or Sectional Match seen anyone DQed for not making Power Factor they only then are scored as Minor power factor as a matter of fact you can choose to shoot Minor even if in that Category lets say Single Stack like the Single Stack Classic in PASA every year all the Big names are there like Rob Leatham who has won for maybe 8 years now, if you want you can shoot a 9mm Minor that is 125,000 PF that is weight of bullets times FPS according to their Chrno, but difference is scoring you will not get the same points for your hits, 125,000 that is the lowest allowed as some others have said if you don't make at least that 125,000 your score will not count but you can shoot it is not a DQ offence Major PF is 165,000 I have seen where a person was shooting a 45acp and did not make PF by just 3 or 4 FPS he was scored Minor but at most local clubs they don't Chrono and it is more just practice and the love for shooting. So if you have a Production Gun in a 9mm and you are useing a 125 gr. bullet it must go 1000 FPS to make Minor PF if You are wanting to shoot Major in Limited with a 180 gr bullet it must travel 916.66 or 917 FPS, If you are shooting a 9mm and want to shoot Major that same 125 gr. bullet must now travel at 1320 FPS.

The only Class that gets full points for Minor PF is Production class the gun must be a safe action type gun or Double Action Glock or XD and other similar guns.

All other Classes, Single Stack, Limited 10, Limited, and Open all must reach 165,000 to get full points

If you have never Shot USPSA it is a must if you love to shoot.
WARNING you will be hooked once you shoot it

All you need is any Revolver or semi auto no smaller then .355 and no larger then .4515, 5 mags, for revolver some moon clips, 200 rounds or more and a holster that covers trigger gaurd only in Production and Single Stack in all other Lim 10, Lim, Open, you can use a open type Hoster one that only holds the gun to your hip by just the trigger gaurd.

Newest Threads