CZ or XD?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > CZ or XD?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default CZ or XD?

Tossing around the purchase of a 9mm for USPSA Production. Narrowed it down to either a CZ model or a XD. Not sure the CZ has the same choices for aftermarket parts compared to the XD. Any opinions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-24-2007, 09:14 PM   #2

I have a friend that just picked up the XD 5" 45ACP pistol for USPSA league shooting (production class), and has had nothing but raves about it. I'm a novice to competitive shooting, but the guys at the range seemed to rave about this weapon. He has been very happy with it's accuracy and seemingly minimal (for a .45) recoil.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponsetc. View Post
Tossing around the purchase of a 9mm for USPSA Production. Narrowed it down to either a CZ model or a XD. Not sure the CZ has the same choices for aftermarket parts compared to the XD. Any opinions?
What aftermarket parts would you be interested in? I didn't think you could do a whole lot of customizing in the Production class.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

What class do you wish to shoot?

I would guess that you are looking at a CZ-75SA vs. the XD Tactical.

I have the CZ 75B DA/SA, and the XD Service. They both are very good, but I will give the edge to the CZ for me anyway.

-Bidah

Old 07-07-2007, 05:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponsetc. View Post
I love my XD. All I did was change out the barrel to a Fire Dragon, and put on TFO sights. You might not like the trigger; but I didn't mind mine.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." -- Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-06-2007, 11:13 AM   #6

I have seen a lot of XD's shooting in the Production class at matches. It appears they have taken a chunk out of the Glock pie for production class. Both pistols are good firearms.

The better question is have you had both guns in your hand? Did one fit better or give you that warm fuzzy feeling when you held it? Check out some gun ranges that have rentals and see if you can fire both. Guns are like gloves, some fit your hand and some don't. See what gun YOU shoot and handle better.

"They say you can't use a rifle or shotgun indoors because a bad guy will grab the barrel. Yeah? Well, he better hang on, 'cause I'm gonna light him up and it will definitely be an "E" ticket ride."
"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but hes gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty."
Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Old 10-18-2007, 05:33 PM   #7

Likes Given: 1

Default Cz , Xd Or Maybe A Grand Power

You should also look at the Grand Power K100 which will soon be imported to the U.S.

you can check them out at: www.grandpowerusa.com

Last edited by dkjuspsa; 10-18-2007 at 07:23 PM.