Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > CT 3 gun or other comp shoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 03:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default CT 3 gun or other comp shoot

Does anyone know of any 3 gun or other types of comp shooting (besides trap/skeet) in or around CT?

Also looking for any combat pistol training courses or other tactical pistol or rifle training that's within a few hrs drive of southern CT

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #2

Liked 118 Times on 87 Posts

have you checked the USPSA or IDPA websites for clubs in your area?

Old 12-22-2012, 01:55 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383
have you checked the USPSA or IDPA websites for clubs in your area?
We have a very limited IDPA @ the indoor range that I shoot pistols at....hoping to find something outdoors that I can shoot an AR also. Not familiar w/USPSA & will check that out now-THANKS!

Old 12-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #4

Liked 118 Times on 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz60 View Post
We have a very limited IDPA @ the indoor range that I shoot pistols at....hoping to find something outdoors that I can shoot an AR also. Not familiar w/USPSA & will check that out now-THANKS!
similar rules to IDPA.

USPSA is the US version of IPSC.

the main differences between IDPA and IPSC shooting, is that in IDPA, "the targets are shooting back at you" so you have to use cover, slice the pie around corners, etc. and it's all about weapons that you would actually use on duty or CCW carry. in IPSC, they're just targets, and it's all about the sport of shooting as fast as you can. no requirement to use cover, slice the pie, maintain control of your magazines during reloads, etc. The weapons you see in IPSC will range from box stock Berettas Glocks, 1911s, to all out race guns with red dot optics, massive compensators, super light custom loads, holsters that look like your rig would fall out if you swat at a fly by your face.

Both have their place, and both are tons of fun!

Old 12-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383

similar rules to IDPA.

USPSA is the US version of IPSC.

the main differences between IDPA and IPSC shooting, is that in IDPA, "the targets are shooting back at you" so you have to use cover, slice the pie around corners, etc. and it's all about weapons that you would actually use on duty or CCW carry. in IPSC, they're just targets, and it's all about the sport of shooting as fast as you can. no requirement to use cover, slice the pie, maintain control of your magazines during reloads, etc. The weapons you see in IPSC will range from box stock Berettas Glocks, 1911s, to all out race guns with red dot optics, massive compensators, super light custom loads, holsters that look like your rig would fall out if you swat at a fly by your face.

Both have their place, and both are tons of fun!
Thanks for the info!! I'd be interested in both-like u said, both have their place. While I definitely like the idea of improving skills that may save mine or my family's life-it's fun to just let er ripe sometimes. Thanks again.