Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > Bowling pin shoots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Default Bowling pin shoots

Anyone else here like pin shoots? Here in SE GA, a group of us has at least one shoot every month and occasionally two if we hold a rimfire only match. We shoot head-to-head with the pins on tables at 7 yeards - first to clear the table wins the round. First to win to win two rounds advances in the match. The gun of choice is a 1911 as about 80% of the folks shoot them...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-15-2009, 04:30 AM   #2

I tried it once, thinking I would have as much fun as I do with the monthly IDPA style self deffense practice they put on at one of my local ranges.

However between the rotten attitude range officer in charge and the fact that you only get one or two turns to shoot and the rest of the time you're just sitting around watching I lost interest after my one and only attempt at it.

P.S. most of the guys at my range were using magnum revolvers to literaly blow the pins off the table, since they were using six shot revolvers, (including the R.O.), all 1911s and other semi autos were limited to six rounds.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #3

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Actually, I've watched a lot of IDPA matches and what keeps me from trying is the amount of standing around I've observed. Our pin shoots move along fairly quickly...