Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Competition Shooting (
-   -   Bowling pin shoots (

NGIB 07-14-2009 06:02 PM

Bowling pin shoots
Anyone else here like pin shoots? Here in SE GA, a group of us has at least one shoot every month and occasionally two if we hold a rimfire only match. We shoot head-to-head with the pins on tables at 7 yeards - first to clear the table wins the round. First to win to win two rounds advances in the match. The gun of choice is a 1911 as about 80% of the folks shoot them...

mr1911 07-15-2009 04:30 AM

I tried it once, thinking I would have as much fun as I do with the monthly IDPA style self deffense practice they put on at one of my local ranges.

However between the rotten attitude range officer in charge and the fact that you only get one or two turns to shoot and the rest of the time you're just sitting around watching I lost interest after my one and only attempt at it.

P.S. most of the guys at my range were using magnum revolvers to literaly blow the pins off the table, since they were using six shot revolvers, (including the R.O.), all 1911s and other semi autos were limited to six rounds.

NGIB 07-15-2009 04:36 PM

Actually, I've watched a lot of IDPA matches and what keeps me from trying is the amount of standing around I've observed. Our pin shoots move along fairly quickly...