Bowling pin comp

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > Bowling pin comp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Default Bowling pin comp

Shot my first competition ever tonight. I was actually proud of myself, I beat out 20 guys. I finished around tenth but it was very fun. I hope to make it every time. Some of these guys had all five pins off the table on 5 shots. Amazing stuff really because of how fast they were shooting. It was a very fun experience and I can't wait for next month.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3264 Times on 2219 Posts
Likes Given: 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13
Shot my first competition ever tonight. I was actually proud of myself, I beat out 20 guys. I finished around tenth but it was very fun. I hope to make it every time. Some of these guys had all five pins off the table on 5 shots. Amazing stuff really because of how fast they were shooting. It was a very fun experience and I can't wait for next month.
Outstanding! Congrats! I used to do pins, even went to Second Chance a few times back in the day..
We're in the midst of testing SD ammo for a future review here, so I grabbed some pins locally and we put em on a table at 10 yards. We also grabbed a few bouncing re sealable targets also...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #3

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I used to love shooting pins.
I even have a stash of pins that I have yet to shoot!

Old 09-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
That sounds like fun. Honestly I've never heard of shooting bowling ball pin competitions. I might have to look into it.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

That sounds like fun. Honestly I've never heard of shooting bowling ball pin competitions. I might have to look into it.
A long btime ago,..a company called Second Chance Body Armor used to run the "second chance" shooting matches. I even competed in a few back then, and actually placed in the prize category once...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-08-2013, 01:09 AM   #6

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball

A long btime ago,..a company called Second Chance Body Armor used to run the "second chance" shooting matches. I even competed in a few back then, and actually placed in the prize category once...
That sounds like fun too. I'm not good enough to place for a prize but it was awesome. I encourage everyone to try it. Not only will you love it but its so much different than shooting at paper. It really test your skills

Old 09-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #7

Quote:

That sounds like fun too. I'm not good enough to place for a prize but it was awesome. I encourage everyone to try it. Not only will you love it but its so much different than shooting at paper. It really test your skills
It actually Started BECAUSE the inside of some body figure targets look similar to a pin...So someone had the Idea to use pins