Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > Any rifle or pistol competitions in MARYLAND that are know please reply.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 4

Default Any rifle or pistol competitions in MARYLAND that are know please reply.

I am fairly new to this forum and shooting again for that matter as I had not really participated that much for the last 10 years other than an occassional plinking.

Since losing my full time job last year, I am attempting to learn as much as I can about gunsmithing, gun repair, stock finishing, stock checkering, different coatings and surface preparations, and everything else that I can. I would love to get a p/t job as a gunsmith, apprentice or whatever, but that may be difficult at my age and with physical limitation my body is placing on me.

But I would like to competitive shoot here in Maryland or Pa close to the border around Gettysburg/York area. If anyone has info to put forward or advice where to find out about competition please advise.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If you weren't all the way up in Taneytown I would get you to smith on my guns for me. A few have some surface rust, need to be reblued, and maybe one or 2 just need to be in the hands of someone who can redo the gun since whoever owned it last didn't take care of what they had. Can you recommend any gunsmiths closer to bowie, annapolis, and the baltimore area?

Old 06-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #3

Likes Given: 4

Hi
Yes...Iam a loooong way off :-). I do not personally know of anyone in that area, but there are one or two that I found for you. 1. SCOTT'S GUNSMITHING in Glen BUrnie MD, 410 761-9815 2. FRED'S FIREARM SERVICE LLC 410 778-0091 fredsfirearmservice.com in CHestertown MD if that is close to you and 3. 1OLDSMITH 443 504-5979, 1009 Calvary Rd, Churchville Md, 21028. I hope this is of some help to you. I have not invested in gun bluing ( correctly anyways ) as it is expensive and toxic and takes up alot of room. I have been doing DuraCoat and am due to become certified at the end of this month!! :-) YEa! I say this at it has been an ordeal to try and get out to Chippewa Falls Wi, to attend their training. Although what I have done looks very good-professional, I want to be trained by the inventors of the product in case there are steps to improve upon, which I am sure there are. Good luck with those smith's and let me know if you are able to use one so I can recomend again in the future. Take care and happy shooting. What types of guns do you have by the way out of curiosty?

Old 06-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 176 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiPowerGuy54 View Post
But I would like to competitive shoot here in Maryland or Pa close to the border around Gettysburg/York area. If anyone has info to put forward or advice where to find out about competition please advise.
What kind of competition?

Old 06-07-2012, 02:50 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I got a few shotguns( mossbergs, ithaca, h&rs and new england firearms), a few .22s (ithacas, winchesters, savage, marlin, remington, BRNO, and interarms) and an SKS. Thanks for the info though. How do you feel about the cold blueing kits that people use? I hear they are ok but if I am doing everything I would rather have a gunsmith do it so that I can just get them all done and higher quality.