Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Competition Shooting > Algc idpa shoot...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Algc idpa shoot...

I just returned from my first IDPA shoot. I had a blast! I was pleased with my performance this morning. Although I won't know how I placed till wendsday or so... If you haven't participated in one of these shoots, you really shoot look into it! I think it makes a great day with the family.

"the tree of liberty has to be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants...."

"on the seventh day god created the model 700 for killing dinosaurs."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Excellent dicky. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't participate, but I enjoy being a spectator once in a while.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #3

Liked 1416 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Any photos??

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-15-2010, 01:06 AM   #4

Sorry no pics or video, all of my shooting buddies were busy... As a side note I was very surprised to see such a small number of 1911's there. I was the only guy my age (25) with one! Outside of me I only say 6 or so more, and there were more than 50 competitors there. I think this will be the beginning of another shooting habit... I will post my placing when they are posted

"the tree of liberty has to be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants...."

Old 08-15-2010, 02:47 AM   #5
VR4

Good to hear you had fun.

MY IDPA/USPSA VIDEO'S

http://www.youtube.com/user/VR4154#p/u

Old 08-25-2010, 03:27 AM   #6

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicky0331 View Post
I just returned from my first IDPA shoot. I had a blast! I was pleased with my performance this morning. Although I won't know how I placed till wendsday or so... If you haven't participated in one of these shoots, you really shoot look into it! I think it makes a great day with the family.
Just recently joined the IDPA, haven't shot my classification shoot yet...need some more range time before I feel confident enough. What class do you shoot?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-25-2010, 03:45 AM   #7

I shoot the custom defense pistol class, nothing special just a sprinfield loaded model with hogue combat grips. I haven't shot for my classification yet either... But the next shoot is the 11th, I will have to ask about that. Good luck and have fun.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:55 AM   #8

I placed 7th in my pistol class, out of 11. I got a procedural for dropping a mag with rounds still in it, which I didn't know was a no-no. It cost me 3 second on my time. That really seemed to hurt my standings. I guess it's one of those learn as you go things though....

Old 08-25-2010, 04:00 AM   #9
VR4

Keep it up. Dry fire and you'll start to climb the latter.

MY IDPA/USPSA VIDEO'S

http://www.youtube.com/user/VR4154#p/u